Some artboard oddities...

1. placing
      • when setting placement options during the creation of an artboard these are ignored, the artboard being placed next to the previous artboard instead ( intended? )
      • I tried ensuring that it fits by explicitly setting the canvas size, which changed nothing
    2. deleting
      • while discovering this I also noticed that deleting an artboard resets the name of the previous artboard to the default name ( my setup was just one named, the next unnamed )
    3. go to artboard
      • set up a new vs document
      • when, for example, on the artwork canvas, the number field of "go to artboard" allows going up to the number of artboards on the canvas + 1
      • when going to one of the artboards there seems to be no apparent difference, both artboards having the default name "Artboard 1"

UPDATE:

1. go to artboard
      • when executing the command, clicking "Cancel" instead of "Ok" unexpectedly focuses on the last artboard instead of having nothing happen

• administrators

@Nils I added these to the backlog as bugs. Will get back with questions if I cannot replicate!

• @vectoradmin Ok. FYI, 3. can be worked around atm by deleting the snd artboard, going to another canvas and then going back. There then is only one default artboard with "Go to artboard" being greyed out, as expected. This is cumbersome of course, but it works.

EDIT: Another quick tip would be that if it's software-technically somehow difficult to fix 1. entirely, increasing the default spacing between new artboards would already help a lot. Currently it looks a bit odd in terms of separation of concerns with the small spacing.

• administrators

@Nils Cannot replicate problem 2 with these steps:

• created a new document.
    • renamed the default artboard.
    • created a new (second) artboard.
    • deleted the second artboard.
    • the name of the first stays the same for me.

Am I missing something?

BTW: artboards named with "Artboard N" are automatically generated names so they may change when artboards are deleted.

• @vectoradmin Quick question, do you always try to replicate for both Win10 and Mac? In that light, what features / bugs could vary based on the os?

• @vectoradmin About your failed replication: Hmm, that's strange. This exact set of steps you posted creates the issue for me.

• administrators

@Nils Yes I will try to replicate on both, but always first on Mac and if cannot then move to Windows.
    This is because 95% of the code is common 🙂

So far (1) and (3) are replicated (3 is caused by an extra page on the parent canvas).

• @vectoradmin I see. Btw, have you noticed the update to 3. I edited in? Hopefully that wasn't too subtle.

• administrators

@Nils said in Some artboard oddities...:

@vectoradmin I see. Btw, have you noticed the update to 3. I edited in? Hopefully that wasn't too subtle.

Yes, that part can also be replicated.

• administrators

@Nils This problem should be fixed in build 1.1.024

• @vectoradmin Can confirm that that these are all fixed. Very, very nice.