VS randomly switches to pixel view

• I've been running into an issue lately where VS randomly jumps to pixel view as I am zooming in and out of a vector design and I have to go in to display and turn off pixel view and turn on vector view. It's occurred on 2 different files so far, both since the update to build 42. I'm trying to figure out what is happening prior to make it do this.

UPDATE: It seems to be defaulting to pixel view for every new document I create.
    I'm not sure how or why that is happening or how to default it back to vector preview. I tried refreshing and restarting VS and neither fixed the issue - every new file defaults to pixel view and I need to manually switch it over to vector.
    I am having this issue on the M1 version of VS, I am not running into this issue on the intel version.

0_1653851407148_793fbec8-992a-424e-88fc-f894f7f2cc24-BLD 2022-05-29 at 15.08.56.png

• @Boldline Maybe the Document viewing mode is set to 'Pixels' instead of 'Vectors' on the M1 Mac? Go to View menu > Display > Display Options to check:

0_1653856208998_Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 23.27.31.png

• @b77 Thanks! That seems to have been the issue. I'm not sure how that got switched. All new files made seem to be defaulting to vector again. I appreciate it

• @Boldline Great! 👍

• administrators

@Boldline @b77 Since 2 releases ago when the Display settings are changed, the changes are used as defaults for a new document.