Symbol spray brush

• After I spray once, stroke and fill colour appear on the context toolbar - but stroke always goes beyond the right margin.

0_1654770863488_150372c1-587f-4b4a-b713-fd36a24fbaeb-image.png

Here's another example of a visually complex context toolbar that I mentioned in the thread where I featured Affinity. But I understand there are initiatives in the works around personalizing this. I still highlight Affinitys with pop out panels though. 🙂 Their solution with the pop-out panel or similar also removes a lot of text labels from the context toolbar. Note how much labels take up in the screenshot below.

Here and now there's a lot of wasted space - spaces - so it can be tlpassed a bit to make sure the problem with the stroke element doesn't slip over the margin.

0_1654771273555_36410180-2ab6-4ff6-b06b-e8d20a46ff7f-image.png

Versus this model:

0_1654771371175_d146e859-030b-415d-a462-451cc3e99c66-image.png

• administrators

@Ingolf The problem with the Affinity model is that it is not possible to directly enter a stroke width without opening the popup.

• It's just inspiration. Pop-out can contain many types of content. This is just how Affinity has done it. Of course primary functions should be easily accessible as stroke so is in VS now.

• The great idea behind the Affinity model is that the context toolbar is not a margin to margin reading task, but a much more compact model where groups of content can be grouped in a pop-out. And I find this example easy and logical to decode, memorize and use quickly even when I need to use a context toolbar for the first time for a long time.

• I think when the customizable contextual bar options and the customizable panel arrangements are in place, the user will have so many options to set up VS as they see fit.

• found that moving fields in context toolbar also annoying
    e.g. the field for Stroke width that's why I often use the Panel

even though that I do not necessarily advocate the affinity approach,
    still wish for a better solution