"Preferences" and menus

• IMO there is no need for that "Preference Files" in Edit.
    I'd move that to the "Preferences" dialog and there near the Presets drop down I'd add visible SAVE/LOAD/RESET buttons.

Each additional option in the menu contributes to increasing the program's over-complexity. At times I feel like I'm in GIMP and that's hardly a good design standard.

• administrators

@plrang Yes, this can be changed.

• @plrang said in "Preferences" and menus:

IMO there is no need for that "Preference Files" in Edit.
    I'd move that to the "Preferences" dialog and there near the Presets drop down I'd add visible SAVE/LOAD/RESET buttons.

Each additional option in the menu contributes to increasing the program's over-complexity. At times I feel like I'm in GIMP and that's hardly a good design standard.

Under macOS, I'm quite happy with the menu. It's not in the way there, that's because macOS has a fixed menu in all applications for the application itself, which is an excellent idea. But agree, in Windows' edit menu it ends up in GIMP-like menu item overkill.

0_1656871997520_fd5f2b78-cb0b-40c2-a9da-89eb3241d6c6-image.png

However, I can agree with the functionality being moved over to the preferences dialog to simplify the application.

One thing I wish in this context is that VS can somehow remember the last preferences I used, or at least last file location. I usually have to browse to the folder my favorite options are located in. Again.

• @Ingolf Yes, some options are featured in so many places. Those menus can be cut down 3 times in size. there is so many cool features, the interface doesn't need to be so loud.

• @plrang said in "Preferences" and menus:

@Ingolf Yes, some options are featured in so many places. Those menus can be cut down 3 times in size. there is so many cool features, the interface doesn't need to be so loud.

Yes, the menus can be simplified and much of the program too. 🙂

This particular entry is not available in the edit menu under macOS, though. Only in the Vectorstyler menu.

@vectorstyler had to find new homes in the menu structure for several of these entries that have a logical home under macOS when porting VS to Windows.

• @Ingolf

In the meantime, I took the opportunity to create my own Toolbar, check this out: https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/2164/customizing-the-toolboxes/4