Sometimes live preview is not handy lol

• As suggested by @Subpath, limiting the preview to work only under an object count limit would be best IMO.

• @b77 said in Sometimes live preview is not handy lol:

As suggested by @Subpath, limiting the preview to work only under an object count limit would be best IMO.

I don't understand what that means, to be honest . are you saying a limited number of items would be affected initially by the preview?

• @Boldline Sorry, reformulating:

Preview could work for a limited number of objects. Not just three or four, but not 24 either, I guess.

• @b77 ok, I think that could be a good solution as it allows for previewing and it helps me with larger projects not getting slowed down for previews I didn't want - my only concern with @Subpath 's idea is that it looks right when partially done. Right now for example, with the selection box, there are a limited number of nodes that get selected and light up - sometimes that causes me confusion in knowing what is truly selected - sometimes it's a large patch of lit up nodes and nothing else in the rest of the selection lol. I know @vectorstyler had improvements for that in the queue

• The node highlight limit is 500, meaning when you hover an object with under 500 nodes
    (and 'Show Nodes when Hovering' is enabled in Prefs > Editing Options 2) you will see
    its nodes and if they are more than 500 you won't — they are not highlighted.

Similar to this, the node count could be used instead of object count for limiting
    the previewing of these operations you mention.

• @b77 - I'm not against it if @VectorStyler can pull it off. I can potentially see it going well. I just also see potential for a lot of confusion when part of a design is edited by the action preview and the rest is not.

• @Boldline Previewing would be off for all selected shapes, not just for some.
    Otherwise it would be confusing indeed. 😅

• @b77 I'm pretty lost at this point on what this solution will look like - so I'll just see what @VectorStyler figures out in due time

• @Boldline It would look just like when 'Preview Shape Combine' is disabled in
    Prefs > Document Editor — no preview of Booleans or other operation.

• @Boldline

@b77 has already explained it correctly what i meant.

Of course, it would be nice if you could specify the number of objects from
    which no live preview would be displayed.

One thing that came to my mind about the delay solution was that with this solution
    would affect every boolean operation. No matter how many objects are used for it.

I also see the possibility to link the delay to the number of objects.