Palette content scrolls too fast

• Reporting this as a bug, although it could be considered a feature request depending on your perspective.

On MacOS, palettes with scrollable areas on don't react to scroll gestures (using the trackpad) in the same way scrollable views in other applications do, jumping around much more quickly than expected. I'm guessing that's because this is a custom control instead of an NSScrollView, but ideally it should work the same as native, as this makes longer lists a lot harder to navigate.

• If I may add something else about scrolling:

When docked horizontally, the color palette doesn't follow the direction you drag — you have to drag in the opposite direction. (When docked vertically it works as expected).

• administrators

Added palette scrolling issues to the backlog.

• administrators

Both the scrolling speed and direction are fixed in build v1.0.013 RC1

• Hmm, I just downloaded 1.0.013 and the scrolling speed/sensitivity doesn't seem to be any different on my machine. If I scroll in the layers palette, it still feels like the acceleration is much steeper than in standard scroll views.

If I scroll and release (lifting fingers off the trackpad to allow inertial scrolling) the same gesture distance that equates to about 5 rows in a system file dialog, the layers palette rapidly overshoots the bottom of the list and sticks there for a second or so, as if the inertial scrolling has jumped beyond its boundary and is taking a moment to bounce all the way back.

This is probably not visible if you're using a third-party mouse with MacOS, but it's quite pronounced with the built-in trackpad on a MacBook Pro.

• administrators

@statestreet Only the color palette scrolling speed was changed. I will review the other lists also.