Minor Menuitem Changes

• Just a small thing, in the Object menu, Locked Object and Hidden Object should simply read Lock and Hide as the word Object is inferred by the fact that it is under the Object menu 🙂

Neil

• administrators

@Igull The problem is that there are two Lock commands (one is a checkable, another locks regardless of the selection).
    Currently, the other one is only accessible if customizing.
    I will try to find better names for these.

• @VectorStyler said in Minor Menuitem Changes:

@Igull The problem is that there are two Lock commands (one is a checkable, another locks regardless of the selection).

OK, hadn't seen the other checkable one, perhaps use lock for the object menu and something else for the checkable ?

Neil

• @VectorStyler said in Minor Menuitem Changes:

One issue with the "Locked Object" menuitem is that if you select a mix of locked and unlocked objects the "Locked Object" menuitem is checked, which is confusing.
    Choosing it then extends the lock to all the selection.
    Choosing it a second time toggles it off to all.

The approach that I'm most familiar with is two menuitems for "Lock" and "Unlock", and I see that VS can be customised to add those menuitems instead.
    However, they don't reflect the current selection and are both always enabled.

State:

• no selection = "Lock" and "Unlock" are both disabled.
    • the object(s) selected are currently unlocked = "Lock" enabled, "Unlock" disabled.
    • the object(s) selected are currently locked = "Lock" disabled, "Unlock" enabled.
    • the objects selected are a mix of locked and unlocked = both enabled. Choosing either applies to all.

Same logic works for "Show" and "Hide".

• administrators

@Raven said in Minor Menuitem Changes:

However, they don't reflect the current selection and are both always enabled.

I will try to improve this.

There is a limit (of selected objects) above which the menu items do not check the state of the selection, as it would take too much time.

• administrators

@Igull This issue should be fixed in build 1.1.080