Unset Color not working

• After a path has been given a fill, I cannot unset it via

• Palette Bar at bottom of screen
    • Color Panel
    • Palette Panel

I can pick the fill color in the context tool bar, and unset it from there.

On the Colour Panel, also when moving the pointer towards the 'remove color | black | white' swatches, changes to the color picker, which is a bit odd. On click on the 'remove colour, it actually fills the path with the current set fill.

The stroke/fill colour are not synced between the palette panel and color panel (or maybe not correctly refreshed) when swapping color selection with keyboard shortcut X.

There are some other funny things going on utilizing the shortcut X. To reproduce:

1. Create closed path with different stroke and fill colour
    2. Deselect path, then reselect
    3. Press x to change stroke and fill colour
    4. Stroke and fill colour in colour panel become the same, but do not reflect the fill of object.

Lastly, some overlapping occurs in the color panel. It can be reduced more in height than what is needed for the controls.
    alt text

• administrators

@syllie The shortcut for swapping the fill with stroke is Shift+X. Using X will only swap the active color target in the color panel.

Could the "remove color" problem be related with the box of the wheel overlapping the buttons?

• @vectoradmin I think what @syllie meant is that clicking the ‘remove color’ swatch in the palette bar at the bottom (or maybe right side) of the screen doesn’t work. This doesn’t work on the Mac either.

• administrators

@b77 Got it! That does not work here too. Added to the backlog.

• @vectoradmin The overlap in the Color panel also occurs on the Mac, but the color wheel goes under the HEX field, so maybe that's why the 'remove color' button works on the Mac.

• @vectoradmin Correct.. Clicking the swatch in the palette bar (bottom screen) and on the colour panel and palette panel all do not work (consistently). I have tried to capture the behaviour in a screengrab. The only way I switched the stroke and fill was by pressing X. The rectangle was the only object and selected during all steps. History is in view to see what happened.
    alt text

• The unset of a colour now works as expected for build 1.0.018 RC1 on win 10. However the colours in the fill/stroke control still change unexpectedly.

Keypress X swaps fill/stroke MODE. I expect it to retain the same colours as my selected object. Whenever I press X however there seems to be a swap around happening.

1. With the control in 'Stroke' mode, select an object -> it first looks as expected (colours as per object).
    2. On first press of X - stroke and fill colour in control is set to fill colour of selected object, and control switches to fill mode.
    3. On second press of X - fill colour in control is set to stroke colour of selected object, and control switches to stroke mode.
    4. After that the controls just swap mode (but with colours opposite of what the object has).

If the starting point of the control is 'Fill' when an object is first selected, on the first step the stroke and fill colour in the control are set to the stroke colour of the selected object. The behaviour is the same otherwise.

It seems that something crosses over from the Shift-X function that should swap stroke/fill style.
    Screencast:
    alt text

Because of this swap, clicking on the control (opposed to using X) no longer updates the rest of the slider (hex, colour wheel). alt text

• @syllie and @vectoradmin I can confirm the same happens on the Mac.

• administrators

@syllie and @b77 I got it, will be fixed next.

• Thank you - I can see this is fixed in 1.0.019 RC1