Selecting / deselecting path writes 'move' to history, even if not moved

• As per topic description. If you have the history panel open, you can see that selecting / deselecting a path with the move tool causes a 'Move' action to be written to history - even if the path was not moved.

• @syllie It could be that the object indeed moved but the difference is so small that the X or Y field doesn’t reflect it.

You can change the decimals count in Preferences > Number Editors.

• The object did not move. It writes to the state on every select/deselect.

• @syllie What I mean is that if you change the decimals count to 4 or 5 in Preferences > Number Editors, you might also see the unintended nudge reflected in the X and Y position fields of the Transform panel.

• @b77 I know what you meant. There was no move. And definitely not 20 or more unintended moves 🙂

• administrators

@syllie The next build will include a fix that may help here. If the mouse is moved by only a few pixels, the object (or node) move is not registered. This may also be related to an other reported issue with moving objects when clicking.

• @vectoradmin Okay. Just for reference a small screengrab. To put any doubts of 'moving' to rest - I added 2 guides and have 'snap to guides enabled'. Just clicking on the object registers a move - similar to select/reselect with clicks.
    alt text

• Global Moderator

Even with the guides it is possible that it is registering the move before the guides are applied. If it snaps to the guides after the move starts it could be that the final end position hasn't really changed but it still picked up on the move having started thus registered it in history as a move of no distance.

For whatever it might be worth, I am not seeing this happen here (on the Mac, using a Wacom tablet with either touch or pen, though it is VERY easy to slip with the pen and move the item by some small amount, it is also avoidable and then it doesn't show up).

• @vectoradmin With build 1.0.018 RC1 this is now resolved on Win10. Thank you!