Win 10 - Select shortcuts not working

• Build 1.0.017 RC1

It feels like this may have to do with the tool switch from select tool / node editor on pressing Ctrl. All functions do work from the menu.

What does work:
    Ctrl+A

What does not work:
    Shift-Ctrl-A (deselect)
    Ctrl-6 (reselect)
    Ctrl-{ / Ctrl-} (prev/next select)
    Shift-Ctrl-A (inverse selection)
    Alt-Ctrl-A (select all on artboard)
    Shift-Ctrl-F (select all found)

• administrators

@syllie Yes, this can be replicated. Added it to the backlog.

• With build 1.0.018 RC1 this is mostly resolved.
    The shortcuts for Reselect (Ctrl-6) and Select all found (Shift-Ctrl-F) are not working though.

• administrators

@syllie Reselect works a bit differently in VS. It will select using the previous selection search scheme (similarity or attribute).
    For similarity it needs an existing selection.
    Select all found works with find replace only.

• @vectoradmin From the naming I imagined it works to reselect the last dropped selection.

Could you please provide an example of how CTRL-6 should work? As you indicated I was able to do a selection with attributes, then drop selection with shift-ctrl-A and then reselect with ctrl-6. But I do not understand how this works for similarity. Also what is the function of 'reselect' if 'it needs an existing selection'. Just a tad confusing.

• administrators

@syllie Yes, it is different than in other apps. I will look into this if it could be changed.
    Currently the way it works depends on whether the selection was made by Attribute or Similar property (see the select menu).
    Reselect repeats the last of these commands (instead of returning to the dropped selection).
    If one of the Attribute commands was used, then reselect does not need a selection.
    If one of the Similar commands was used, then reselect needs a selection to find the similar objects.

But, for saving and recalling past selections, there is a Selections panel (Panels -> Editing). A bit more tedious, but it can save any number of selections, that can then be recalled in a single click.

• Global Moderator

@vectoradmin said in Win 10 - Select shortcuts not working:

Reselect repeats the last of these commands (instead of returning to the dropped selection).
    If one of the Attribute commands was used, then reselect does not need a selection.
    If one of the Similar commands was used, then reselect needs a selection to find the similar objects.

That isn't really "Reselect" then but rather "Repeat Last Selection".

But, for saving and recalling past selections, there is a Selections panel (Panels -> Editing). A bit more tedious, but it can save any number of selections, that can then be recalled in a single click.

Suggest building on this by automatically updating a (possibly hidden) saved selection at appropriate times then adding an actual "Reselect" command that restores that.