Problems with adding/selecting/deleting color swatches from palette

• There are a few issues with the color palette. Best to watch the video below.

Issue #1 - extra black swatches are being added to the palette

1. Open the Color Palette panel. You will see the default colors.
    2. Select the first color (black) and SHIFT-select the last color in the palette.
    3. Delete all the selected colors. Now you only have 2 swatches left: None and Registration.
    4. Create a shape and make sure it's selected.
    5. Switch to the Color panel and select a color from the color wheel to assign this color to the fill color of the shape.
    6. Switch back to the Color Palette panel and click the plus icon (second from the left) to add the current fill color to the palette. Now you just ended up with 2 colors. The color you selected from the color wheel (aka the object's current fill color) and a black color.
    7. Keep selecting different colors from the color where and add them to the palette. Every time you add the color, a black swatch will also be added to the palette so you will end up with loads of black swatches.

Issue #2 - after executing the steps above and you have added a coupla swatches, you cannot SHIFT-select all the colors to, for example, delete them all

1. Select the first color in the palette
    2. SHIFT-select the last color in the palette. The idea here is to select all the swatches just like you did in step 2 above. You cannot. It is no longer possible to SHIFT-select all the color in the palette.

Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2PnCMuCnrk

VS 1.1.100

• administrators

@pentool The tooltip of the [+] button is "Add the current color, or the colors from the selected objects to the palette"

In this case the selection (because exists) is used and it contains 2 colors.

• In that case how do I add a color to the palette? Eg, I select a color from the color wheel, or input a hex, CMYK or whatever color into the color value fields and want to add this color to the palette. How do I do this? I was looking everywhere but could not find a way to do this.

Even if there was, issue #2 is still a problem.

Say, I get a brand guide from a client, specifying 5 colors. How do I create a palette that will contain only these 5 colors? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this, unless I'm seriously overlooking something.

The only thing I found was to add the current color from the selected object. But apparently that adds both fill and stroke color. That's not how any design program works. The current color is either the fill or the stroke color (whichever is selected). That color is also showing in the color wheel. So why would the application add both fill and stroke? It doesn't make sense.

• administrators

@pentool To add a color to the palette, make sure nothing is selected (on the canvas), select the color in the Color panel and click [+] in the Palette panel: https://recordit.co/AKBGrqF1Ca

I will try to replicate issue #2

The default behavior now is to add all colors that can be found in the current selection. So if multiple objects are selected then more than 2 colors could be added.

• This doesn't work correctly. Look at the video. I create a new document from scratch. When I set the color to red in the color wheel that I want to add to the palette, it will add the last color that was selected when I delete all swatches (purple-ish).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn7OCh8n-o4

• administrators

@pentool Yes, both panel need to be active.
    I will try to improve this.