Cursor Issues

• Anyone else having issues with cursor icons not changing to those of the selected tool ?

This happens regularly to me, but unfortunately, I can't get it to be repeatable, so a vid isn't possible.

I generally select a tool using a hotkey rather than pick from the toolbox panel - although I can get the same issue from there too. It's generally the tool icon not changing back to the transform or node tool, but it can happen with other tools too. I use a very limited set of tools from the toolbox - 12 at the last count ☺

I've tried a full reset of prefs/workspace/context/shortcuts, but it still does it on a fairly regular basis (I have all my settings saved, so I can easily return to my preferred working setup thankfully ☺ ).

This is on Mac BTW.

Any ideas ??

TIA

Neil

• administrators

@Igull I tried to replicate this here on an iMac 27" but the cursors are changing.
    When you activate a tool, and click with the mouse on an empty are, did the cursor change?

• @VectorStyler said in Cursor Issues:

@Igull I tried to replicate this here on an iMac 27" but the cursors are changing.
    When you activate a tool, and click with the mouse on an empty are, did the cursor change?

The cursor eventually changes to that selected after clicking on an empty area - sometimes it takes two or three clicks to change.
    However, when you select the tool from the toolbox, it should change immediately to indicate the tool selected surely ?

Neil

• administrators

@Igull said in Cursor Issues:

However, when you select the tool from the toolbox, it should change immediately to indicate the tool selected surely ?

Yes, but only after you move the mouse over the canvas area.

Yes, but only after you move the mouse over the canvas area.

That doesn't work for me - for instance, selecting the Pencil tool then selecting the Transform tool - the icon for the pencil still remains.

There's something creepy happening here, I just recorded two videos of these effects, but when I replay it, the cursors look perfectly correct ?????
    This is definitely NOT what is happening on the screen - I can go back and try again and it still shows the wrong cursor ! Taking a screendump of the area (cmd+shift+4 on Mac) doesn't show the cursor sadly - nor cmd shift 5 when taking a shot - even with the show cursor option enabled.

Perhaps it's ghosts in the system 🙂 I assumed that Recordit software just grabs a screen dump, patently, that's NOT what it does - at least not when it's recording the cursor shape. I'm guessing that there is some kind of masking issue going on.

TIA

Neil

• administrators

@Igull Is there some extra window manager or something like that installed on the mac?

@Igull Is there some extra window manager or something like that installed on the mac?

No, but I do have multiple (6) Spaces set up .

Neil

• administrators

@Igull said in Cursor Issues:

multiple (6) Spaces set up

I will try with those.