Why do imported brushes open in new tabs in Brush Preset panel?

• Currently, each new brush set I open in the "brush preset" panel opens in a new tab instead of being added to the list in the existing main brush preset panel. I do not understand the value in doing this, but I am open to learning how this is most useful. Also, those tabs do not see to be able to be closed out. Everything I have tried has not worked. Ideally I could just have the brush sets listed in groups and such in the main "brush preset" panel with the option to open any group or highlighted brushes in a new tab as needed.

0_1703455455989_b77b68e1-33d8-470c-ba97-40494f6325c3-CleanShot 2023-12-24 at 17.01.42.png

• The same is happening with the colorpalletes.

Maybe there could be a drop down inside of the main panels, where you could select your brushes or palletes. This makes the workspaces less crowded.

• administrators

@Boldline said in Why do imported brushes open in new tabs in Brush Preset panel?:

added to the list in the existing main brush preset panel

These brushes can be drag&dropped into the main brush set after opening them.

Or: with a brush folder selected, select the Append command from the Brush presets panel menu and select the AI file to import brushes from.