Just a Pattern
-
@marce said in Just a Pattern:
@Subpath "Forum says "you can upvote a user only six times per day",
Very curious, didn't know that.
But dont worry, if my post inspire people or
are helpful then this is fine enough
-
Created using:
The colorize feature in the Repeater, which can also colorize strokes with a bitmap.
(See Manual how)The Style Picker Feature, which allows you to transfer style attributes
from one group of objects to another.
You could take look at this Link
https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/5851/a-style-picker-tool-feature-and-a-few-strokes
-
I used a shape with a multi-colored gradient to colorize a bunch of strokes using the Repeater,
and transferred the color (style)—using the new Style Picker Tool Feature— to a bunch of
other Strokes created with the Blend function.The strokes colored with the Repeater

Here the Result

-
Took a a gradient from another App with a screenshot and use
this raster graphics then to colorize a bunch of strokes with the Repeater.This time no Style Picker Feature where used.
I create a a color Palette instead from that bunch of strokes
(create Palette from selected Objects)
and colored a Swirling Lines Shape after converted it to curves
via Colorize with that new palette
-
Made in Vectorstyler, recreate a pattern i found on the Internet
mine look a bit different but i am fine with that
.
.
For anyone who is interested, you need to split the Line
in different pieces to create this pattern
-
I more or less replicated a pattern I found online.
I couldn't resist using the "Along Stroke" feature
in VectorStyler's gradient editor.
-
This was inspired by "string art"; I wanted to experiment with creating it
as vector graphics and applying gradients to the individual paths to see
what kind of patterns would emerge.The String Art was made in Nodebox because its very easy to
create Point/Node Pattern with it.
https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/4119/a-kind-of-patternnodes-for-windows-free-win-macThe coloring was created in VectorStyler; which allows to create gradients along a path
and allows them to be applied to the design's paths using the "Style Picker" group function.
https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/topic/5851/a-style-picker-tool-feature-and-a-few-strokes

-
Another Variation of it

-
@Subpath These graphics look quite unique. I’m curious: can VectorStyler create them at the moment?
-
I think some of the Designs would be possible in Vectorstyler
all you need is a straight Line, rotate it a bit and copy and repeate itBut i think it is way easier to do it in Nodebox because one would have more Options
when you could set single Points and connect those Points with a Line i dont think
that Vectorstyler could set single points.To set single points and connect them its very easy in Nodebox. (Nodebox is free, PC and Mac
in the mean time there is also a Version for Silicon based Macs )
All you need is a Path and a Point Node which say how much Points a Path should have.
This way you could create all kind of Point Patterns and connect them.
.
.
Here how the base Structure is made

.
.and here the whole Design
