VectorStyler
    • Categories
    • Unread
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Register
    • Login

    Bug Report & Improvement Request: Space/Dash Menu Mapping and ZENKAKU Space

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Bugs in VectorStyler
    22 Posts 2 Posters 169 Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
      861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
      last edited by 861475_VctSt

      This post is deleted!
      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
        861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
        last edited by

        @VectorStyler said in Bug Report & Improvement Request: Space/Dash Menu Mapping and ZENKAKU Space:

        I have sent it via email.

        However, I do not think this is the result you were hoping for. After all, this is precisely the heart of the problem.

        other shape text with some text and the "ZENKAKU space (U+3000)" as VectorStyler inputs it

        😆
        I attempted the input using a total of four different methods, including this one.
        I hope at least one of them proves helpful to you.

        VectorStylerV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • VectorStylerV Offline
          VectorStyler @861475_VctSt
          last edited by

          @861475_VctSt Got it!

          861475_VctSt8 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
            861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
            last edited by

            @VectorStyler

            ver. 1.3.022–1.3.023: Handled via email correspondence.

            ver. 1.3.024
            Follow-up report regarding two issues.
            I will refrain from offering my own analysis of the causes (as I am not a programmer).
            Note: The character code identification is based on the VS glyph palette.

            1. Localization: Translation error

            Spech character_1.3.023.jpg

            1. Space character input
              u3000 (ZENKAKU Space; Ideographic-Space): Input result is U+2003.
              u0020 (HANKAKU-Space; Space): Input result displays as u100001 (Supplementary Private Use Area-B).
            VectorStylerV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
            • VectorStylerV Offline
              VectorStyler @861475_VctSt
              last edited by

              @861475_VctSt I will try to thix these.

              Can you send me the translation errors as text, not image? Thanks!

              861475_VctSt8 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
                861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
                last edited by

                @VectorStyler

                I’m prone to making mistakes myself, so I’ll double-check everything and send it to you later.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
                  861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
                  last edited by

                  @VectorStyler

                  Ver. 1.3.027
                  In my previous posts, I reported multiple issues together that should ideally be addressed separately. To avoid confusion, please let me organize the current situation.
                  The two issues I raised are as follows:

                  A) Text > Insert Character: Japanese localization (translation) errors
                  B) Spaces during Japanese (Kana-Kanji conversion) input: Issues with half-width and full-width space input

                  [Current Status]
                  A) Resolved (ver. 1.3.026) - Thank you for fixing this.
                  B) Unresolved (ver. 1.3.027)

                  Additionally, regarding the character insertion from the menu (A), a new issue, "Issue A-1", has been found. The details are as follows:

                  [Details of Issue B (Unresolved)]
                  Current Bug:

                  1. When typing a half-width space on the keyboard, it does not become half-width. When checking the Glyph palette, it shows an abnormal code of "U+100001".
                  2. When typing a full-width space on the keyboard, it visually appears as full-width, but the Glyph palette shows it as "U+2003 (EM Space)".

                  Expected Result:

                  1. Half-width space = Space (U+0020)
                  2. Full-width space = Ideographic Space (U+3000)

                  [Details of Issue A-1 (New)]
                  When inserting a space from the menu, the visual result on the screen is fine, but checking it in the VS Glyph palette reveals that the internal code seems incorrect.

                  Current Bug:

                  • En Space: Displayed as "U+0000"
                  • Em Space (Kuwata): Displayed as "U+0000"

                  Expected Result:

                  • En Space = U+2000
                  • Em Space (Kuwata) = U+2001

                  [Proposal for Future Development]
                  Since I am not a programmer, I can only report the results I see on the screen. I have provided materials so far, but I assume that providing information solely from a user level might not be enough to reach a fundamental solution.

                  If digging deeper into the specific requirements of the Japanese environment risks causing regressions or degrading other features, and becomes an obstacle to the overall development of VectorStyler, I believe it is a reasonable option to put this complex issue (such as the U+3000 problem) on hold for now and treat it as a "Known Issue".

                  However, even in that case, there is one top priority that I would like you to fix at the very least.
                  That is problem [Issue B - 1].
                  If we can just correctly input a standard "half-width space (U+0020)" from the keyboard, we will be able to proceed with our work for the time being.

                  This is a proposal meant to avoid hindering the overall development progress of VectorStyler. Please consider this in light of the current situation.

                  VectorStylerV 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • VectorStylerV Offline
                    VectorStyler @861475_VctSt
                    last edited by

                    @861475_VctSt Added some diagnostic for analyzing these issues.

                    More info in email.

                    861475_VctSt8 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
                      861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
                      last edited by

                      @VectorStyler

                      I have sent the results.
                      Best regards.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • 861475_VctSt8 Offline
                        861475_VctSt @VectorStyler
                        last edited by

                        @VectorStyler

                        ver. 1.3.028
                        Thank you for this absolutely fantastic update!

                        I have confirmed in Build 1.3.028 that the issues with the following codes have all been resolved as far as the VS Glyph palette is concerned:

                        • Keyboard input: U+0020, U+3000
                        • Menu input: U+2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

                        In particular, the fact that a Full-width space (U+3000) can now be inputted correctly via the Japanese Kana-Kanji conversion keyboard is a groundbreaking milestone for the Japanese environment. It has been over five years since the beta testing days. My long-held wish has finally been fulfilled, and I am deeply moved.

                        Users from other language regions might think, "It's just a space, why exaggerate?" However, in Japanese typography, a space is not merely a gap between characters; it is an absolute structural component that controls the framework of the layout, including justification. If the internal recognition of the space character is even slightly off, beautiful typesetting (Mojigumi) and spacing (Mojitsume) become entirely impossible.

                        That is exactly why this fundamental resolution is such a massive step forward for the advanced DTP capabilities of VectorStyler in the future.

                        I sincerely appreciate the brilliant work and the patience of the development team who saw this through to the end over these many years.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • First post
                          Last post