Offset Path and Offset Path "Effects" Scrolling not Working in some Entry Fields; Boundary Offset Issues

• @vectoradmin,

Offset Path Bugs:

1. Offset Path (Object->Shape Offset Path):
    Scrolling is not Working in Entry Fields using Up/Down Arrow Keys on Keyboard for:

• Distance
    • Precision

2. Offset Path Effect (Effects->Outline->Offset Path):
    Scrolling is not Working in Entry Fields using Up/Down Arrow Keys on Keyboard for:

• Distance
    • Precision

3. Boundary Offset not working in the Offset Path “Effect” Panel.

• Not creating a "Boundary" when it is checked
    • Not automatically switching Combine setting to Before

4. Not technically a bug, but I think there should be a couple changes to the default behavior of Offset Path and Offset Path Effect.

Currently VectorStyler, by default, retains all of the Previous Offset Panel Settings, until manually changed. This includes the Combine setting. By default, when checking Boundary Offset, the Combine setting automatically switches to Before (which is correct and appropriate).

The problem is, once the Boundary Offset is checked, when you switch (uncheck Boundary Offset) to ANY of the other Offset Options, the Combine setting retains the Before setting. I think the Default behavior should be once anything "other than" a Boundary Offset is checked, or when NO Offset Setting is checked at all, the Combine setting should automatically switch (Reset) to None.

By not automatically switching Combine to None, I think users are going to get unexpected results. Since None is likely the most common setting people will use, it will force them to remember to manually change it; plus, this adds an unnecessary step.

I’m not sure if making this change would be a pain/difficult from a Coding standpoint, but I think it would be a better way to have it work and be a User Interface Improvement.

PS:
    FYI, the Offset Path inaccuracies and artifacts are still present; but I believe that this issue is still currently/actively on your “backlog” to-do list to fix.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock said in Offset Path and Offset Path "Effects" Scrolling not Working in some Entry Fields; Boundary Offset Issues:

FYI, the Offset Path inaccuracies and artifacts are still present; but I believe that this issue is still currently/actively on your “backlog” to-do list to fix.

Yes, the Offset Path issue is still open, but it is being worked on 🙂
    I will add the other issues to the backlog.

• administrators

@Vector-Rock There have been improvements to the Offset Path, and the other reported issues in the original post (build 1.0.048).