Break text into lines/words/letters

• What do you think about adding that feature?
    I'm personally using that often in other software.
    I'm just typing each word/sentence in a new line, and than break it into lines. After that I'm styling and positioning each block.
    It is a more convenient method than typing each phrase into a new field.
    If it is possible now, I apologize. I couldn't find it.

• administrators

@encart Just to clarify: would this mean creating separate text shape objects from a single text shape, and placing each line / word / letter into a separate object?
    If so, there is no such feature at this time. Is there in other software?

• @encart As a workaround, you can write or paste the text in BBEdit and use Search > Find > Replace All to split the text into sentences, like this:

0_1625047060857_Captură de ecran din 2021-06-30 la 12.54.52.png

Then copy the text from BBEdit and paste it in VS.

• This is a great suggestion @encart. I deal with this often doing t-shirt designs with rosters for example. When I copy the text from an email, I would have to highlight each name from within the text box and make a new text line for each so I could move them around individually and align and space apart. I was working in illustrator and a solution found there was saving out the text box file as a PDF with a certain setting adjusted (i'll have to go check and refresh my memory as to which one) and when you reopened the PDF, each line would be a separate entity.
    VS having the ability to do this natively would be awesome!

• @vectoradmin @b77

Video from Inkscape

In Cricut Design that feature works perfect. Video
    Easy to acces by icon/ top menu/ context menu

It's not a big feature, but assuming this thread I knew that although there are relatively few of us here on the forum, @Boldline would be interested in it, because we create similar things.

I guess you have a lot of work, but if you have a moment and think it's a good idea it will be nice

• @encart My workaround doesn't result in separate text objects, it just inserts returns after each period, ellipsis, exclamation and question mark + space character. Sorry for misunderstanding your suggestion.

• @b77 No problem. Probably the fault is in my English which can be difficult to understand☺

• administrators

@encart Got it!

• Maybe an option to break text apart into either individual words or by lines?