Editing nodes in one area negatively affects nodes in another area

• I was trying to clean up the nodes and tighten things up in the area marked "A" on the far right side of this text shape. The entire thing has been united using union prior. After making the adjustments, other areas of the design get negatively affected - like the lower section of the "g" and other areas as well.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to fix this from happening?

0_1635001640765_308937ad-f76b-4273-b505-146a98d2f6ea-image.png

• administrators

@Boldline Was this imported or pasted from AI? It could be that the type of the node at stem of the "g" is wrong.
    Send me the file, and I will try to replicate this issue.

• @vectoradmin Just emailed you the file. The file is getting even crazier as I was prepping to send. Just moving around and pasting the original in place to send over - look at the results of that! I can't get it to go back to how it looked in the picture I sent initially in this thread
    0_1635002443878_49773d5d-aaaf-4983-b655-5c40c701a11d-image.png

• @vectoradmin I had written out the main word in Illustrator and it was in live text mode there. I copied the live text and pasted it into VS to test things out with it.
    It copied just fine but it automatically expended the text to fills. I added the flourishes to the "O", the "L" and the swoosh underneath myself in VS

• administrators

@Boldline Could be a font conversion issue. Some nodes end up with the wrong type.

• @vectoradmin Interesting... that makes sense because Illustrator or another vector app would not be using the same classification of nodes that VS has. So this could be a potential issue any time a vector is imported into VS from elsewhere? Or might the issue be that VS had to convert the live text to a vector and that's the main issue? Is pasting live text from a vector application different than copying and pasting text from a web browser? I assume it is, since the text from a browser remains live text and live text from within Illustrator did not

• administrators

@Boldline I think the main issue here was with the conversion from text, but I have to look into this more.

• @vectoradmin When I went to type out a word using that same font in VS, it did not register correctly. At first it showed nothing, the second time I tried, it gave me a default font (not the correct one) - the other two in the font list do work properly

0_1635003851946_f8209d7f-8a5e-48ff-a7a7-8baaf8af262f-image.png

• This is an issue I have been struggling with for a few releases.
    But I still don't know where it comes from. Sometimes while working, the fonts disappear from the font list, or the name on the list does not match the font. Usually restart helps.

• administrators

@encart I will try to replicate this with that font.