Advanced illustration and drawing software
- Real time, direct editing of objects and styles.
- Image and vector effects can be manipulated directly and interactively on the objects.
- Advanced tools to edit vectors, text and images.
- Powerful snapping options to align objects and shapes, including collision and formation snapping.
- Create guidelines at any angle, group guidelines and use different colors per guideline group.
- Work seamlessly with multiple documents.
- Multiple views of the same document: edit a symbol in one view, see changes in the other view.
- Link documents and reuse symbols and styles from other documents.
- Build a hierarchy of multiple canvases, and use unlimited number of artboards in a single document.
- Use the Properties panel to quickly edit frequently used options.
Vector graphics and illustrations
- Select from a large number of parametric shapes to start drawing.
- Use real vector brushes, stretching vector graphics along shapes to create brush paint effects.
- Use both cubic and quadratic curves in shapes, with smooth and symmetric corners.
- Setup corners in any shape, and use arbitrary shapes to defined new corner types.
- Powerful nondestructive vector effects to adjust object shapes.
- Style objects with multiple outlines and fills using arrows, caps, dashes, stripes, variable stroke width, colors, rich gradients or tiling pattern styles.
- Create mesh gradients from any object using the Mesh tool.
- Setup gradients along or across a shape.
- Use object repeaters to setup vector halftones, space fills, or stippling effects.
Image effects for vector graphics
- Select from a large collection of image effects.
- Apply multiple, nondestructive image effects on vector objects, groups or layers.
- Use the Image Effect tools to interactively adjust image effect parameters.
- Apply image effects as adjustment effects: adjusting content behind an object.
- Create adjustment layers using selected image effects.
- Import and reuse complex SVG image effect hierarchies.
- Use vector text as shape for objects.
- Powerful text on path features: interactive positioning of text along a path.
- Easy adjustment of the vector text baseline, to create a text on path effect.
- Interactively move and transform individual characters of a text shape.
- Flow text in multiple frames across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Embed shapes and styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Powerful text styling: outlines, fills, underlines, OpenType typography.
- Balance multiple columns of text flow inside a frame.
Powerful preview and display options
- Preview in vector, pixel or outline modes.
- Create a split view of different preview modes, and slide between them quickly.
- Zoom in to over 1.000.000% level.
- Rotate views to arbitrary angles and draw or edit objects at any viewing angle.
- Adjust the extent of sub-pixel division to setup various anti-aliasing modes.
- Preview colors, gradients and effects in 16-bit or 32-bit precision per color component.
Compatibility and export workflow
- Import and export popular file formats: PSD, AI, SVG, PDF, Postscript, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
- AI files are imported in editable form with tiling patterns, brushes, styles and effects available for reuse and adjustment.
- Create multiple slice regions on a canvas for exporting.
- Setup multiple export formats, resolutions and options for each slice.
- Export all or selected slices only, in one step.
- Batch export multiple artboards.
- Setup vector objects for batch exporting.
- Save the export options with the document and Export Again in a single step.
Editing detail for professionals
- Unlimited Undo and Redo hierarchy.
- Use the History panel to browse the change history.
- Alternate histories: select which change to redo.
- Save undo and redo history with the document, and browse previous history in a newly opened documents.
- Repeat selected recent actions.
- Find and replace objects, styles and text.
- Copy and paste object styles, object shapes, transparency masks, image effects and character styles.
- Create, edit and use Symbols.
- Override selected styles locally for a Symbol.
Customizable application details
- Select Dark or Light user interface theme.
- Customize size and color of indicators, used in interactive editing.
- Example: change the size and color of nodes displayed while editing curves and their control points.
- Set the scaling factor of the user interface for better accessibility.
- Setup automatic document backup options.
- Customize colors for guidelines, grids and slices.
- Customize details of object and curve editing.
Setup custom menu structures
- Customize the application menu hierarchy.
- Customize the context menu shown with quick actions on Control+Click.
- Create and reuse custom menu hierarchies.
- Easily swap between previously saved menu structures.
- Customize application shortcuts.
- Create, save and reuse shortcut definition files.
- Easily swap between previously saved shortcut definition files.
- Setup shortcuts specific to a context only.
- Example: a shortcut can have a different meaning when editing text or when editing curves.
Customize and create new toolboxes
- Customize the application toolbox.
- Create, save and reuse custom toolbox files.
- Create and use multiple custom toolboxes at the same time.
- Easily swap between previously saved custom toolboxes or open toolboxes in separate panels.
Improved Vector Illustration
Extensive list of parametric shapes to start your design
- Draw and edit: rectangles, ellipses, circles, regular polygons, stars, square stars, gears, spirals, polygonal spirals, super ellipses and super shapes.
- Draw and edit symmetrigons with arbitrarily shaped sides.
- Edit ellipse or circle properties to create multiple concentric sections.
- Interactively adjust the attributes of any shape type.
- Bend the sides of rectangles and regular polygons.
- Select clockwise or counterclockwise shape directions.
- Regular and normalized star shapes of arbitrary number of corners.
Powerful shape editing tools
- Interactively edit corners of any shapes.
- Create and use custom corner shapes (not just circular or flat).
- Edit free form curves by moving control points or dragging the curve at any location.
- Trim and Join tool to intersect and merge shapes.
- Show curve direction when hovering over the shape.
- Show starting and ending nodes of a shape.
- Edit quadratic and cubic curves of better control of shapes.
- Cut or redirect shape at self intersection points.
- Simplify and smooth out curves using the Simplify Path menu command.
- Convert any shape to curves, and freely edit its nodes and control points.
Boolean shape operations
- Shape operations: Combine, Intersect, Union, Exclude, Cut Out, Inside, Outside, Remove Overlaps, Exclude Back, Divide, Trim and Merge.
- Simplify shape at self-intersecting points based on the winding fill rule.
- Combine and create complex shapes.
- Boolean shape operations without stray nodes.
- Combine shapes directly, to create new editable free form shapes.
- Combine shapes with boolean operations nondestructively, to edit the original shapes at any time.
- Apply boolean operations on a group of objects, to create nondestructive shape combinations.
- Use the Shape Builder tool to create complex shapes.
Vector editing workflow
- Create and reuse shape styles.
- Change the shape of multiple objects, by using shape styles, and adjusting the styles.
- Link (reference) the shape of an object, to another named reference object.
- Edit the shape of multiple objects by editing reference object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape presets everywhere.
- Convert text to shapes to edit curves.
- Draw smooth shapes with the pencil tool, or create curves using the pen tool.
- Use Shape Paint (aka live paint) groups to create dynamically styled artwork.
- Pencil tool eraser mode enables the erasing of intersecting path segments.
- Use the Path Sketch tool to create complex shapes by sketching simple strokes.
Powerful vector effects
- Nondestructive distortion effects applied to object shapes.
- The shape effects panel creates and manages multiple shape effects applied to the selected object.
- Modify shape effect attributes of the selected objects at any time.
- Distort groups of objects, using mesh or envelope distortions.
- Bend groups of objects along arbitrary, freely editable shapes.
- Warp objects into predefined shapes.
- Apply the Elastic Warp effect to distort objects freely.
- Create and edit shape effects interactively.
Paint with Brushes
- Select pencil and brush stabilizer modes.
- Draw variable width outlines using the brush tool.
- Edit local width of variable width outlines using interactive tools.
- Select and paint with real vector brushes.
- Vector brushes may use variable width profiles, the width profile can be adjusted interactively at any time.
- Vector brushes contain an arbitrary group of vector objects, distorted and stretched along the painted curve.
- Vector brushes may contain arbitrary colors, or can be tinted and shaded with custom colors.
- Paint with scatter, pattern and bristle brush types, while retaining vector scalability.
Modify shapes using shape effect brushes
- Paint vector effects over any group of shapes to create local distortions.
- Select from up to 13 different vector effect brushes.
- Apply local twirl, ripple, noise, wave, perturbation, zig-zag distortions to shapes.
- Edit brush options by double-clicking on the brush tool icon.
- Modify object shapes using the Liquify tool.
- Create and apply shape distortions on groups of objects.
- Create and edit mesh gradients using the interactive mesh gradient tool.
- Create mesh gradients from arbitrary shapes.
- Add new nodes to mesh gradients at arbitrary locations.
- Select the color and opacity of each mesh node.
- Fast interactive preview of mesh changes.
Powerful Masking Tools
Create complex transparency masks
- Use the Transparency panel to setup and modify transparency masks of the selected objects.
- Select opacity of objects and layers directly from the transparency panel, or the object / layer options view.
- Select from multiple blend modes.
- Select and edit a gradient style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit a tiling pattern style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit a noise fill style as a transparency mask.
- Edit transparency options of objects and layers in the object / layer options view.
- Isolated mode: layer or object content is composited independently of background.
- Knockout mode: blend layer content with backdrop.
- Option to interpret opacity as a shape.
- Use layer or object content as a mask for adjustment effects.
- Select from a list of blending modes.
- Darken, Multiply, Color Burn, Exp Dark.
- Lighten, Screen, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, Exponent Light, Extra Light.
- Overlay, Soft Light, Hard Light, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light.
- Difference, Exclusion, Subtract, Divide, Distance.
- Hue, Saturation, Color, Luminosity.
- Color Wash, Color Scale, Geometric.
- Hard Burn, Hard Dodge, Light Burn, Scale Dark.
- Logical And, Or, Xor, Nor, Add and Invert.
Transparency mask types
- Solid color for uniform transparency mask.
- Gradient of any type for transitions. Gradient shapes are also included.
- Use tiling patterns to setup transparency masks.
- Use synthetic noise styles as transparency masks.
- Setup mesh gradient as transparency mask, to adjust the opacity at arbitrary locations.
- Use groups of objects, or references to named objects (symbols), to create custom transparency masks.
Transparency mask editing
- Select and edit transparency attributes in the Transparency panel.
- Interactively edit transparency gradient tones and shape.
- Interactively edit tiling vector pattern masks.
- Browse and select transparency from a large collection of synthetic noise types.
- Edit the mesh transparency type in a similar way as mesh gradients are edited.
- Edit objects of a transparency group, by double-clicking on the preview in the Transparency panel.
- Edit transparency masks from reference objects (symbols), by editing the objects.
Powerful workflow for transparency masks.
- Invert mask, and select between clipping or non-clipping masks.
- Create named styles or presets from any transparency mask.
- Reuse transparency mask styles or presets, by selecting from the list of transparency type in the panel.
- Override transparency attributes in symbols.
- Copy and paste transparency mask between objects.
Advanced Object Styling
Object fill and outline styling
- Solid colors selected by various means: color spectrum, numeric color values, palette, color variations or harmonies.
- Gradient transitions with arbitrary shapes.
- Tiling patterns with content selected from other objects or symbols.
- Synthetic noise styles for filling objects and outlines.
- Multiple stacked fill and stroke attributes in a single object.
- Separate opacity and transparency mask options for each fill and outline style of an object.
Advanced color selection methods
- Select colors from the color panel by adjusting numeric amounts, picking from the color wheel, or editing hexadecimal color values.
- Support for multiple color types: Gray, RGB, CMYK, HLS, HSB, HWB, HSI, Lab, LCH.
- Select from various color wheel types.
- Select colors from various color palettes.
- Keep multiple color palette panels opened at the same time.
- Load palettes from files of various formats: ASE, ACV, ACO, CPL, CSV and XML.
- Show a color palette as a color bar at the margin of the document view.
- Create and use Spot and Process colors.
- The most extensive set of gradient types available: linear, concentric, conical, spiral, noise.
- Select gradient attributes from the gradient panel.
- Edit the shape of linear, concentric and conical gradients.
- Use shapes of reference objects as gradient shapes.
- Create new gradient types by setting up a gradient with a custom shape.
- Interactively edit the gradient attributes and the gradient shape.
- Select color and opacity of gradient stops.
- Create and reuse gradient styles and presets.
- Create texture gradients using the noise gradient type.
Tiling pattern styles
- Fill and outline objects using tiling patterns.
- Select the content of tiling pattern from object symbols.
- Scale and rotate the tiling pattern fill.
- Select pattern tile shape: Boxes, Hexagons, Triangular or Rhombus.
- Expand tiling pattern into editable objects.
- Edit tiling pattern content in-place, or by editing the referenced objects.
- Fill and outline objects using various types of synthetic noise styles.
- Use the noise panel to select noise style attributes.
- Edit numeric noise attributes or randomize the noise parameters.
- Browse and select noise from an extensive list of randomly generated custom noise styles.
Powerful Outline Options
Outline objects and text
- Select outline width from the Stroke panel or the Properties panel.
- Fill outline strokes with color, gradient, tiling pattern, or noise.
- Create and reuse stroke styles and presets.
- Select and reuse stroke styles from reference objects.
- Gradient on stroke: gradient colors transition along or across an outline stroke, including variable width strokes.
- Set stroke properties in the Stroke Panel.
- Allow zero width strokes for real thin hairline at any resolution.
- Align stroke inside, outside or centered to the object outline.
- Shift strokes inside or outside by arbitrary amounts.
- Align dash lengths between cusp nodes.
- Distort the shape of stroke (including arrows), using shape distortion effects.
Use stroke caps.
- Select stroke cap ends in open or dashed shapes.
- Create and use custom shaped stroke caps.
- Create new cap shapes from a custom shape.
- Select a cap shape as a reference to a named object shape. When the object shape is edited, the linked cap shapes are updated automatically.
- Offset stroke cap locations along the outline.
Add arrowheads to open shapes
- Select arrowheads at the start and end of open shapes.
- Select arbitrarily shaped arrow heads from the Stroke panel.
- Create new arrowheads from the shape of selected objects.
- Select arrowheads as a reference to a named object shape. As the object shape is edited, the linked arrow shapes are updated automatically.
- Connect arrows defined by an open shape, to the shape of the stroke.
- Enable arrowhead and stroke distortions by the shape effects applied to the object.
Variable width profiles
- Assign variable width strokes to selected objects from the Stroke panel.
- Create and reuse variable width profile styles and presets in the Stroke panel.
- Link to stroke width profiles of reference objects.
- Select width variation type from Monotone or Cubic.
- Edit arbitrary stroke width variation in a modal view or interactively.
- Use symmetric, reverted or flipped width variation functions.
Object outline workflow
- Edit stroke width profile interactively with the Width tool.
- Adjust stroke width profile using the Stroke Width Brush tool.
- Smooth the stroke width profile variations using the Width Smooth Brush tool.
- Erase nodes from the width profile function using an interactive tool.
- Use the Stroke Width panel for precise control of variable width strokes.
- Combine the variable width profile attribute with dashed, striped, shifted stroke attributes to create complex stroke effects.
Objects and Layers
Advanced object hierarchy
- Create arbitrary layer and object hierarchy.
- Assign names to layers and objects, and use these in various contexts (see symbols and object references).
- Add multiple fill and stroke styles to a single object.
- Assign transparency masks to objects or whole layers.
- Create clones of objects and modify or remove attributes of clones.
- Select the source object of cloned objects.
- Select cloned properties of object clones.
- Assign roles to objects and layers, to reuse these as attributes (color, outline, transparency masks, patterns, symbols).
Object and layer options
- Clip layers into arbitrary shapes.
- Lock or unlock, show or hide objects and layers.
- Reference any layer or object as a symbol.
- Place objects on any of the multiple canvases of a document.
- Assign color indicators to layers (used in the Layers panel and in outline preview).
- Use object or layer content as guideline shapes.
- Convert layers or objects to images.
- Create adjustment layers or objects using image filters.
- Setup adjustment filters on any object, to apply image effects to the object backdrop, masked using the object shape and content.
- Clip groups by assigning a shape to a group.
Extended Layers panel
- Manage the object and layer hierarchy in the Layers panel.
- Select the locking and visibility options for multiple objects.
- Add image effects to selected objects in the Layers panel.
- Access advanced layer and object editing commands from the Layers panel menu.
- Customize Layers panel options using the Panel Options command from the menu of the Layers panel.
- Open multiple Layers panels, pinned to specific document, canvas, layer, or object content.
- Copy or move content between multiple documents, or different parts of the same document, using multiple opened Layers panels.
- Show larger preview of an object or layer, by double click or long press on the object icon.
- Rename multiple objects or layers, by selecting them in the Layers panel, and pasting the names from the clipboard.
- Use the Appearance panel to create, edit or remove fill and stroke styles of an object.
- Show and adjust styles for multiple selected objects.
- Add new shape or image effects to the selected object, or to a stroke or fill style only.
- Drag and drop object fill and stroke styles to change their relative order.
- Edit the fill and stroke attributes of the selected objects.
- Access style editing commands from the Appearance panel menu.
- Apply color adjustment filters on the selected objects.
Find and replace objects, text and styles
- Use the Find / Replace tool to search, select and change objects or text by content or by attributes.
- Search for objects by their name, assigned selection marker, role, or reference.
- Search based on attributes using the More options of the Find / Replace panel.
- Search for object and text using multiple conditions.
- Search based on object fill or stroke properties.
- Replace found objects with symbols (reference objects).
- Automatically apply changes to found objects, setting their fill or stroke styles, or applying shape or image effects.
Advanced object handling
- Assign names to multiple selected objects automatically.
- Assign 9-slice scaling options to symbols for better scaling control.
- Expand selected symbol references into local objects.
- Override styles in selected symbol references.
- Expand groups of boolean shape combinations.
- Expand linked content into imported objects (AI, PSD, PDF, PS, EPS, SVG or other files can be linked into a document).
- Expand object outline stroke (including dashes, stripes, variable width profiles) into editable shapes.
- Search and replace referenced symbols.
- Create cap shape, arrow, corner shape, artistic brush, pattern brush, scatter brush, tiling pattern or symbol from selected objects.
Working with Symbols
Advanced symbol creation
- Any object or layer can be used as a symbol.
- Create a new symbol from an object or layer, by giving it a name and setting the object Role to Symbol.
- Automatically create symbols, by placing them onto a Reference Canvas with the Symbol role.
- Edit the content of a symbol, by selecting the Reference Canvas containing the symbol, and using regular object editing tools.
- Access and use symbols from menus and lists.
- Create new symbols using the Symbols panel.
- Save and reuse non-linked symbols (object copies) as presets.
Powerful symbol tools
- Use a symbol by drag and drop from the Symbols panel.
- Create symbolic references to any object, by dragging and dropping from the Layers panel, while holding the Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) key.
- Expand selected symbol links, using the Expand Symbol command.
- Apply additional shape or image effects to symbols, while still retaining the original editable symbol.
- Find and replace objects with symbols, using object styles or other attributes.
- Use the Symbols panel to create and manage the collection of symbols in a document.
- Reference objects are also listed in the Symbols panel.
- Drag and drop symbols from the panel into the document.
- Insert symbols into text as a glyph.
- Organize symbols into folders.
- Assign style activation schemes to symbol folders, to define alternative symbol selections.
- Export and reuse symbols using VectorStyler specific symbols library (binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update a collection of symbols from an existing symbols file.
Powerful symbols workflow
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects that are used as symbols.
- Define multiple objects as symbols, by setting the role of the canvas containing the objects.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing objects and symbols.
- Update symbols from linked documents automatically or manually, as the external document file is changed.
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select groups of Symbols or Styles.
Working with Styles
Create reusable styles of object attributes
- Create styles from object attributes, fills, outlines, image or shape effects.
- Styles are used by referencing. Changes to a style are immediately reflected on the objects using the style.
- Create styles by setting roles of named objects, and referencing the style from the objects.
- Changes on objects with a style role are automatically reflected on objects using the style.
- Create styles by setting a style role of a Reference Canvas, so that all named objects on that canvas are treated as style definitions.
- The name of objects with style roles (or in a Reference Canvas with a style role) automatically show up in various lists of the user interface (fill, outline, transparency, etc.) for selecting a style.
Powerful styling tools
- Apply a style by drag and drop from the Styles panel.
- Copy and paste styles between objects.
- Locally override a style in symbol instances.
- Use the style picker tools to pick and apply object styles, object shapes or image effects.
- Search and replace objects using selected styles.
The Styles panel
- Use the Styles panel to create, apply and organize the styles in a document.
- Separate panels are used for Character and Paragraph styles.
- Symbols are threated as styles, but shown in a separate Symbols panel.
- Reference objects with style roles are also accessed from the Styles panel.
- Assign style activation schemes on style folders, to create style alternatives in a single document.
- Export and reuse styles using VectorStyler specific style library (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update a collection of styles from a previously saved styles library.
- Organize styles into folders.
Powerful styles workflow
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically swap between different style instances.
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects, whose attributes can be reused as styles throughout the document.
- Define multiple styles, by setting the role of a Reference Canvas.
- Link to VectorStyler document files containing styles, to reuse these in the current document.
- Update styles from linked documents, as the document is changed.
- Change the shape of selected objects, by assigning a shape style.
- Clip a group of objects or a layer inside a shape, by selecting a shape style.
- Apply shape and image effects from previously defined effect styles.
Selecting and Editing
Selecting objects directly
- Option to select objects by using intersecting or including marquee.
- Select object using arbitrary marque regions with the lasso tool.
- Select objects using the magic wand tool, based on styling similarity.
- Select and transform individual shapes in composite shapes.
- Select and transform individual objects inside groups.
- Select and transform the content of linked images or graphics, for cropping and clipping.
Advanced selection commands
- Select objects based on visibility or in the visible view area.
- Select all objects below or above the current selection.
- Select locked or hidden objects.
- Select objects containing missing links.
- Select objects based on attribute similarity.
- Isolate editing inside a group of objects.
- Draw, paste or place objects inside existing objects.
Reusable and automatic selections
- Define any number of named markers, that can be associated with objects.
- Select objects having specific markers.
- Search for objects with specific markers, using the Find / Replace command.
- Save object selections, and reselect the same objects later, using the Selections panel.
Powerful object alignment options
- Use the Alignment panel to position objects relative to each other.
- Align objects based on selection, stacking or geometric order.
- Align to Selection, Key Object or to Artboard.
- Align and distribute object reference locations relative to each other.
- Create custom alignment schemes, using the More Options command of the Alignment panel menu.
- Align objects sizes: resizing objects based on a selected object size.
- Align multiple objects along a path.
Improved and extended grids and guidelines
- Setup multiple grids at different angles.
- Grids can be points or lines. Line grids may run in a single direction (at an angle).
- Assign grids to an artboard, canvas or the whole document.
- Adjust grid options from the Grid panel.
- Drag and drop guidelines from the ruler.
- Rotate guidelines to arbitrary angles, by selecting them around to the view margin.
- Snap to rotated guideline directions.
- Manage multiple guidelines and guideline groups in the Guideline panel.
- Assign different guideline colors to different groups of guidelines.
- Select and move multiple guidelines.
- Create guidelines from objects or layers.
Advanced object snapping
- Snap to object boundaries, when moving or resizing objects.
- Snap object sizes to other object sizes, when resizing objects.
- Snap to guideline angles when rotating objects, or drawing lines.
- Snap points to object shapes, when editing curve nodes or moving objects.
- Use collision snapping, to multiple arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Snap to object formations, by detecting basic geometric locations.
Advanced object positioning tools
- Use the gap tool, to adjust the gap between objects.
- Use the collision tool, to move or rotate objects, aligning them to curved shapes.
- Arrange objects in the stacking order, using various Arrange commands.
- Scale, Skew, Rotate and Reflect objects using dedicated tools.
Advanced typography in an illustration software.
- All of the typographic features and more.
- Edit attributes variable fonts.
- Use OpenType color fonts.
- Use text and glyphs as shapes of objects.
- Flow text in multiple frames and columns, across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Setup advanced character and paragraph formatting options.
- Align text along a path using advanced options.
- Use text specific tools to edit text content, link text frames, position text along a path, and transform characters individually.
- Organize fonts into groups for easy access and improved workflow.
- Access font collections from custom folders, without installing the fonts into the system.
Vector text as a shape.
- Create text as a shape, using the Vector Text tool.
- Edit vector text. by double clicking the text object.
- Assign multiple fill and outline styles to the vector text, just like any other object.
- Clip any group of objects inside a vector text shape, while keeping the text editable.
- Convert the vector text to curves, and edit the curves making up the glyphs.
- Style individual characters, or a selection of characters, using object styling attributes.
Flow text into multiple frames
- Create rectangular text frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Assign any shape to the text frame, or edit the shape using the Node tool, to flow text into arbitrarily shaped frames.
- Assign styles to the text frame for background fill and frame outline.
- Flow text into multiple frames.
- Setup multiple columns and balance text vertically in a text frame.
- Select character formatting options using the Character Panel or the Character Options menu command.
- Select typeface, weight, size, tracking, word spacing, kerning and leading attributes.
- Select advanced OpenType typography features like ligatures. Customize subscript and superscript positions and sizes.
- Automatic spelling and hyphenation.
- Select underline, over line and strike through options, using custom stroke attributes.
- Select character background fill and stroke styles, to create frame around a part of the text.
- Select fill and stroke styles, opacity and transparency masks for characters.
- Apply optical kerning to glyphs in a text flow.
- Align paragraph text in various directions.
- Use single or multiple line composer for a paragraph, to achieve better typographic results.
- Select text frame margin overflow mode.
- Edit the amount of indentation of the first and last lines or the left and right margins.
- Create paragraph rulers before and after a paragraph using custom stroke styles.
- Specify advanced Drop Capitals options.
- Select paragraph labeling, numbering or bullet point options.
- Edit spacing rules used in text justification.
- Setup hyphenation and tab stops rules.
Rich text styling
- Fill characters in a text flow using any fill style (color, gradient, tiling pattern noise).
- Assign outlines to characters using the stroke options.
- Create styled background of a selected range of characters, that automatically aligns with the characters.
- Insert arbitrary glyphs, shapes or styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Edit details of underline, over line and strike through styles in the text decorations panel.
- Use dashes, stripes and variable width strokes in text underline, over line and strike through.
- Create, use and manage Character and Paragraph styles for improved text workflow.
Text frame options
- Create and use text frame styles, to automatically adjust the attributes of multiple text frames.
- Vertical alignment of text flow in a frame: top, center, bottom or justified.
- Set spacing around the frame and between paragraphs inside a text frame.
- Split the text frame into multiple columns and rows, with gaps and directions.
- Balance text flow between multiple columns.
- Setup baseline alignment options inside a text frame.
Text on Path
- Align text and flow along arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Change the shape of the text baseline, into an arbitrary shape using the Node tool.
- Move text along the path, using the interactive Text on Path tool.
- Edit the text on path alignment attributes, using the Text on Path panel or the Text on Path menu command.
- Create and reuse various text on path attribute styles and presets.
- Align multiple lines of text on a path, using various rules to achieve better text effect.
- Offset the text along the path, or set the distance of the text from the path.
Advanced text tools
- Create and edit vector text shapes using the vector text tool.
- Create and edit text, flown in multiple frames, using the Text Frame tool.
- Position text along a path interactively, using the Text on Path tool.
- Link text frames or flow text into shapes, using the Frame Link tool.
- Position and transform individual characters of both vector and frame text, using the Character tool.
- Insert special characters.
- Convert punctuations.
- Use the Typography panel to select OpenType features.
Powerful glyph management
- Use the Glyph panel, to browse and use glyphs and glyph alternates from any font.
- Drag and drop glyphs from the glyph panel into the canvas as shapes.
- Insert glyphs at the current cursor position into the text.
- Select OpenType alternates of glyphs.
- Open any TrueType, OpenType or other font files, into new glyph panels.
- Open SVG font files into new glyph panels.
- List and select object shapes and symbols used as glyphs.
Vector and Color Effects
Advanced tools to change color and shape
- Select from a collection of shape distortion effects, to modify object shapes.
- Shape distortions are nondestructive, parameters can be changed at any time.
- Apply multiple shape effects on groups of objects.
- Manage the list of stacked shape effects on an object.
- Edit shape effects interactively in the document, or adjust the effect properties in a panel or modal view.
- Apply color filters to selected artwork to adjust colors.
- Recolor selected artwork using advanced coloring schemes.
- Extensive list of geometric distortion effects, to adjust shapes of object groups.
- Apply ripple, wave, zigzag, perturbation using local variations, synthesized by a noise style.
- Create and edit interactive 4-point distortion effects.
- Create arbitrary distortions, using envelope shapes and mesh grids.
- Create elastic warp effects, by moving pinpoints and distorting the artwork accordingly.
- Bend artwork along a curve, stretching the artwork using variable width profiles.
- Create and interactively edit variable distance path offsets of object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape effect styles and presets.
The Shape Effects panel
- Add, edit, remove shape effects on the selected objects.
- Browse the hierarchy of shape effects, stacked on the selected object.
- Adjust the parameters of a shape effect on a selected object from the panel.
- Activate the interactive shape effect editor tool.
- Activate the additional shape effect parameter editor tool (if applicable for the effect).
- Apply shape effects to the outline stroke, distorting arrows, dashes and caps.
- Edit shape effect options, to control the distortion of curves and control point locations.
- Enable the Rigid Shapes option to create various shape placement effects.
Envelope and Mesh
- Create and edit envelope effects using arbitrary shapes, to apply distortions on a group of objects.
- Reuse envelope shapes from reference object shapes, or create custom envelope shape presets or styles.
- Create and edit mesh grid distortions on a group of objects.
- Add internal control points to mesh grid curves, to achieve better control of the mesh shape.
- Select linear mesh boundaries, to create mesh effect variations.
- Edit 4-point distortions interactively.
- Create and edit Elastic Warp effect on group of objects.
- Elastic warp creates distortions by stretching according to multiple pinpoint location changes.
- In elastic warp, the group members are distorted according to the elastic mesh distortion applied to the group.
- Elastic warp pinpoints can be added also at locations not covered by the objects of a group.
- Create and remove arbitrary number of pinpoints in the elastic warp.
- Rotate elastic warp mesh around any pinpoint.
Bending along a curve
- Bend groups of object along arbitrary shapes.
- Edit the bending curve interactively, using the node editor tool.
- Create and reuse bending shape styles and presets.
- Use reference object shapes as bending shapes, linking the bend effect to an editable shape.
- Apply variable width stroke profiles to the bending effect, to stretch the artwork locally along the shape.
- Edit the variable width profile of the bending effect interactively.
- Convert the bending effect into a mesh effect or curves.
- Change colors in selected objects and groups, by applying color adjustment filters.
- Colors are changed destructively, and can be further edited as a regular artwork (no image conversions involved).
- Change colors with Curves and Levels filters.
- Adjust colors using Black and White, Channel Mixer, Color Balance and Hue Adjustment filters.
- Change vibrance and saturation.
- Use the Photo Filter to adjust color tones.
- Mix object colors using the Style Mixer menu commands.
- Recolor artwork using the Replace Color command.
- Create complex recoloring rules, save and reuse these as presets.
- Recolor artwork, by matching to nearest colors of another document or a color palette.
- Disturb colors randomly, using a selected color mode.
- Recolor artwork, using randomized colors or select randomly from a predefined palette.
- Recolor artwork, using the object locations and colors from a noise scheme.
- Recolor artwork, by picking colors from an object (or image) region with the Filter Image role.
- Create blends between two or more objects for smooth transition effects.
- Create and use custom shapes for the blend transition path.
- Edit the blend shape using the Node tool.
- Set the number of intermediary objects, using fixed steps, object distance or color transition smoothness.
- Adjust the transition function separately for the object shapes and style.
- Edit the blend options, using the Blend panel or the interactive Blend tool.
- Use the Blend Map tool, to pair nodes of the blended object shapes, for finer control of the blend transition.
- Create contour effects of arbitrary width around objects.
- The contour will be a blend between the object style and a selected background style.
- Use variable width profiles in the contour effect, and edit the width profile interactively.
- Edit the contour effect options, using the Contour panel or the interactive Contour tool.
Apply image effects on vector artwork
- Large collection of customizable image effects, that can be applied to vector artwork.
- Image effects are nondestructive: keep editing the artwork, and adjust effect properties at any time.
- Effects can be applied on vectors or images, while still retaining all editing options.
- Zoom in or out on image effects, rendering the effects at current resolution.
- Use GPU acceleration for image effects rendering.
- Edit image effects interactively in the document, using the image effect tool from the Image Effects panel.
- Apply multiple image effects on groups of objects.
- Import, export and reuse SVG image filter hierarchies.
The Image Effects panel
- Create, edit and manage image effects on selected objects using the Image Effects panel.
- Create and reuse image effect styles and presets.
- View and edit detailed attributes of image effects.
- Show and organize stacks of image effects, applied on the selected object.
- Use interactive tools, to edit image effect attributes and shapes.
- Setup opacity and transparency mask, of individual image effects.
Image distortion effects
- Apply geometric distortions as image effects.
- Distortion effects can be edited interactively in the document.
- Apply concentric warp effect.
- Create wave, zigzag, ripple or perturbation effects.
- Use generated noise as a parameter of various distortion effects.
Mesh and other distortions on images
- Apply and interactively edit 4-point image distortion effects.
- Create and edit envelope effects as image distortions.
- Create and edit mesh grid effects as image distortions.
- Use Elastic Warp effect, to distort selected objects and images in an elastic way.
- Use the Bend effect, to bend the selected objects and images along a shape.
- Select blur filters, from a variety of blur shapes and types.
- Supported blur filters: Gaussian, Box, Concentric, Cone, Disc, Motion, Noise, Radial, Wave and Zoom blurs.
- Edit the shape and direction of Gaussian blur.
- Edit attributes of all blur types interactively.
- Adjust blur strength locally using a mask.
- Edit the shape of Concentric, Cone and Wave blurs.
- Use Noise blur to create locally varying blurs.
- Apply color filters to create nondestructive color adjustments.
- Edit color filter properties in the Image Effects panel.
- Adjust colors using the Black and White, Channel Mixer, Hue Adjustments, Color Balance and Color Map filters.
- Adjust color tones using the Curves and Levels filters.
- Use Exposure, Posterize, Solarize, Vibrance, Photo Filter and Contrast filters, to create color adjustment effects.
- Generate images from object shapes, using image generator filters.
- Apply Brushed Metal image generator on any objects.
- Create Flare, Lens Flare or Star Shine effects.
- Select from an extensive set of noise types and variations, to generate synthetic noise.
- Create and edit Turbulence noise.
Stylistic image effects
- Add Brush or Noise effects to the colors of the selected objects.
- Create Bloom, Haze, Inner or Outer Glow effects.
- Create Drop Shadows.
- Create Halftone effects of arbitrary shape.
- Create Crystalize, Pixelate or Pointilize effects.
SVG filter compatibility
- Import and use SVG filters from SVG documents.
- Add standard SVG effects to objects or images.
- Add SVG effect compositions to objects or images.
- Export SVG effect compositions into SVG files.
- Import SVG effect definitions, and use these from the Effects menu or the Image Effects panel.
Adjustment layers and objects
- Create adjustment layers, with image effects applied to layers below.
- Select a shape for an adjustment layer, to mask the area of filtering.
- Use the layer content as a mask, to control the adjustment effect.
- Create adjustment effects, applied to the backdrop of an object or group of objects, to filter specific areas in a document.
- Use the Adjustment Layer and Content is Mask attributes of any object or group of objects, when creating adjustment effects.
- The shape of object determines the filtering area of the adjustment effect.
New Vector Document
Edit and manage multiple vector documents
- Create new documents instantly, without modal interactions.
- Create a new document, by specifying properties, opening from a template or copying artwork from the clipboard.
- Revert document to the previously saved state, from the document file.
- Save the current canvas into a separate file.
- Open multiple documents into tabbed or separate views.
- Open multiple views of the same document, to display and edit different parts of the document.
Setup document properties
- Edit document properties using the Document Setup command.
- Enable or disable Undo / Redo history storage into the document.
- Select coordinate system direction to top-down or bottom-up.
- Edit document file format options.
- Setup document color properties.
- Setup default document artboard style.
- Specify default guideline, grid and slice indicator colors for a document.
- Create, edit and manage multiple canvases, in a single document.
- A canvas may inherit content from a parent canvas, for better artwork and design reuse.
- Organize canvases into a hierarchy, for better workflow.
- Create and use top level canvas containers, to organize document content.
- Place artwork into canvases under the main Canvas collection.
- Use the Reference canvas container, to create canvases for referenced objects, artwork, brushes, styles and symbols that can be reused through the document.
- Use the Parent canvas container, to setup a parent canvases, and reuse content in multiple other canvases.
Working with artboards
- Create thousands of artboards, of arbitrary size on each canvas.
- Set rotation of individual artboards at arbitrary angles.
- Create, move, resize and rotate artboards, using the Artboard Tool.
- Create grids of automatically generated artboards.
- Edit size, position, rotation, margins, and fill color of artboards, using the Artboard Options command.
- Arrange existing artboards into a grid.
File Formats and Compatibility
Import from commonly used graphics formats
- Import PSD files, retaining editing options of layer hierarchies, and adjustment filters.
- Import native AI files (not just the PDF stream), retaining high level editing options of objects, brushes, tiling patterns, blends and effects.
- Import PDF, Postscript and EPS files.
- Import embedded PDF, PS, or EPS fonts as curves.
- Import SVG files, including SVG image filters.
- Import image files with PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF, HDR and EXR formats.
- Insert linked content objects, pointing to external vector or image graphics files.
Advanced exporting options
- Specify advanced export options using the Export command.
- Export vectors to SVG, PDF, EPS or Postscript formats.
- Export to image file formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF.
- Export artboards and canvases to a single multi-page PDF file.
- Setup detailed export options, specific to individual file formats.
- Repeat the last file exporting command, using Export Again, including slice exporting.
- Store export options with the document, so that Export Again works after opening a document that has been exported previously.
- Create and use export slices, to setup batch exporting of large number of files.
- Draw, position, resize and rotate export slices, using the Slice tool.
- Export slices can have arbitrary angles, rotating their content at export.
- Each canvas may contain multiple export slices, of arbitrary position, size and rotation.
- Assign export slices to artboards, to automatically generate slices based on artboard layout.
- Export content of all or selected slices, using the Export Slices command.
The Slices panel
- Manage the list of slices of the current, canvas using the Slices panel.
- Assign names to individual slices, for labeling and export file naming.
- Setup file format options for each slice.
- Add multiple file formats and file exports, to each slice at arbitrary resolution and options.
- Enable or disable individual slices.
- Add a name suffix used in the automated naming of exported files.
- Batch export all or selected artboards using the Export Artboards command.
- Each artboard can be exported into one or more files and formats.
- Setup object batch exporting collections, using the Object Export panel.
- Setup multiple file formats to export an object collection.
- Create and manage multiple object batch exporting collections, for different export format settings.
- Automatically override selected styles while batch exporting.
- A Mac computer, desktop, laptop or mini, post 2010 model.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 with 4 cores and hyper-threading.
- 2GB minimum for VectorStyler when using large documents. A system with at least 8GB of memory is recommended for good performance,
- VectorStyler makes use of all cores, in rendering and processing. More cores provide better performance.
- VectorStyler uses the GPU in image effect, noise, mesh and gradient rendering.
- Metal support by the GPU and hardware is required.
- A large display to take advantage of VectorStyler user interface, tools and panels.
- MacOS 10.11 or above is required.
- Metal support is recommended, OpenGL and OpenCL are also supported.
- Network access is required when registering VectorStyler.
- Keyboard and mouse input is default.
- Use the trackpad to draw and edit objects interactively.
- Document view can be zoomed and rotated using trackpad gestures.
- Pressure-sensitive tablets are supported for painting and editing.