Graphics software for professionals
Interactive and fast
- Real time direct editing of objects and styles.
- Image and vector effects can be manipulated directly in the document.
- Improved tools to edit vectors, text and image.
- Powerful snapping options to align objects and shapes like collision and formation snapping, guidelines at any angle.
- Work seamlessly with multiple documents.
- Multiple views of the same document: edit a symbol reference in one, see changes on the other view.
- Build a hierarchy of multiple canvases and unlimited artboards in a single document.
- Use the Properties Panel to quickly edit most frequently needed options.
- Large number of parametric shapes to start drawing.
- Real vector brushes that stretch along shapes.
- Cubic and quadratic curves, smooth and symmetric corners.
- Corners for any shape and any shape for corners.
- Powerful nondestructive vector effects to modify your shapes.
- Style objects with multiple outlines and fills using arrows, caps, dashes, stripes, variable stroke width, colors, rich gradients, tiling patterns or noise fill styles.
- Mesh gradients and gradients along or across arbitrary shapes.
Image effects for vector graphics
- Select from a large list of image effects.
- Apply multiple nondestructive image effects on objects, edit and change their attributes later.
- Edit image effects interactively to realize the desired effect.
- Apply image effects as adjustment effects: filtering content behind an object.
- Import and use complex SVG image effects.
- Use vector text as shape for objects.
- Powerful text on path features: interactive shifting along the path.
- Instantly change the vector text baseline to start a text on path effect.
- Interactively move and transform individual characters of a text shape.
- Flow text in multiple frames across multiple artboard and canvases.
- Embed shapes and styled objects as glyph symbols into the text flow.
- Powerful text styling: outlines, fills, underlines, OpenType typography.
- Balance multiple columns of text flow.
Powerful preview and display options
- Preview in vector, pixel or outline modes.
- Use split view of two preview modes and slide between quickly.
- Zoom in to over 1.000.000%.
- Rotate views to arbitrary angles and draw or edit objects at the viewing angle.
- Edit the extent of subpixel division to achieve various anti-aliassing effects.
- Preview colors and gradients in 16-bit or 32-bit precision.
Compatibility and export workflow
- Import and export popular file formats: SVG, PDF, Postscript, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
- Import PSD and native AI files: AI files are imported in editable form with all brushes, styles and effects available for change.
- Create slice areas in the document for export.
- Setup multiple export formats, resolutions and options for each slice.
- Export all or selected slices in one step.
- Save export options with the document and Export Again in a single step.
Editing detail for professionals
- Unlimited Undo/Redo and History panel.
- Alternate histories: select which command to redo.
- Save Undo/Redo information with document, and browse history in newly opened documents.
- Repeat recent actions with ease.
- Powerful find/replace of objects, styles and text.
- Copy/paste object shapes, style transparency mask, image effects and character styles.
- Create, edit and use Symbols.
- Override selected style locally for a Symbol.
Customizable application details
- Select Dark or Light interface mode.
- Customize size and color of indicators used in interactive editing. For example change the size and color of nodes displayed while editing curves and their tangents.
- Set scaling factor of the interface for better accessibility.
- Setup automatic backup options.
- Customize colors of guidelines, grids and slices.
- Customize details of object and curve editing.
Setup your own menu structure
- Customize the application main menu hierarchy.
- Customize the context menu shown with quick actions when pressing control-click.
- Create and share custom menu hierarchies.
- Instantly swap between previously saved menu structures.
- Customize application shortcuts.
- Save, share and reuse shortcut files.
- Instantly swap between previously saved shortcut files.
- Setup shortcuts specific to a context only. For example, a shortcut can have a different meaning when editing text or when editing curves.
Customize and create new toolboxes
- Customize the main application toolbox.
- Create, save and reuse custom toolbox files.
- Create and use multiple custom toolboxes at the same time with frequent actions.
- Instantly swap between previously saved custom toolboxes or open toolboxes in separate panel.
Improved Vector Illustration
Extensive list of parametric shapes to start your design
- Draw and edit: rectangles, ellipses, circles, regular polygons, stars, square stars, gears, spirals, polygonal spirals and super shapes.
- Draw and edit symmetrigons with arbitrary shaped sides.
- Edit ellipses and circles to create multiple concentric filled sections.
- Interactively edit any shape types.
- Bend the sides of rectangles and regular polygons.
- Clockwise or counterclockwise shapes.
- Regular and normalized star shapes of arbitrary number of corners.
Powerful curve editing tools
- Edit corners of any shapes.
- Define and use new corner shapes (not just circular or flat).
- Revert and invert corner shapes.
- Edit freeform curves by moving control points or dragging the curve.
- Show curve direction when hovering over the shape.
- Show start and ending nodes of a curve shape.
- Edit quadratic and cubic curves of better control.
- Cut and join at curve intersections automatically.
- Simplify and smooth out curves using the simplify brush or the simplify action for the whole shape.
- Convert any shape to curves to freely edit its nodes.
Boolean shape operations
- Operations on shapes: Merge, Intersect, Union, Exclude, Cut Out, Inside, Outside, Remove Overlaps, Exclude Back and Divide.
- Normalize shape based on the winding rule.
- Remove and join at self-intersecting parts.
- Combine and create complex shapes.
- Boolean shape operations without stray nodes.
- Combine shapes directly.
- Combine shapes with boolean operations nondestructively to edit the original shapes later.
- Apply boolean operations on group of objects to dynamically create nondestructive combinations.
Vector editing workflow
- Create and reuse shape styles.
- Change the shape of multiple objects by using shape styles and editing the styles.
- Link (reference) the shape of an object from another named reference object.
- Edit the shape of multiple objects by editing reference object shapes.
- Create and reuse shape presets everywhere.
- Convert text to shapes to edit curves.
- Draw freehand shapes or create curves using the pen tool.
- Trace vector objects from images.
Powerful vector effects
- Nondestructive distortion effects applied to object shapes.
- A shape effects panel creates and manages multiple shape effects applied to a selected object.
- Edit attributes of shape effects after they are applied.
- Distort group of objects using mesh and envelope distortions.
- Bend groups of objects along arbitrary, freely editable shapes.
- Warp objects into predefined shapes.
- Apply elastic warp effect to distort objects freely.
- Create and edit shape effects interactively.
Paint with Brushes
- Draw variable width outlines using the brush tool.
- Edit local width of variable width outlines using various tools.
- Select and paint with real vector brushes.
- Vector brushes can also have variable width and their width can be adjusted locally at any time.
- Vector brushes may contain an arbitrary group of objects, distorted and stretched along the painted curve.
- Vector brushes can contain arbitrary colors or can be tinted and shaded with new colors.
- Paint with scatter, pattern and bristle brushes.
Modify shapes using effects brushes
- Paint vector effects over any group of shapes to create custom local effects.
- Select from up to 13 different vector effect brushes.
- Apply local twirl, ripple, noise, wave, perturbation, zig-zag to your shapes.
- Edit brush options by double-clicking on the brush tool icon.
- Modify object shapes using the Liquify tool.
- Create and apply shape distortions on a group of objects.
- Create and edit mesh gradients using the interactive mesh gradient tool.
- Create mesh gradients from arbitrary shapes.
- Add new nodes to mesh gradients at arbitrary locations.
- Select the color and opacity of each mesh node interactively.
- Fast interactive preview of mesh changes.
Powerful Masking Tools
Create complex transparency masks
- Transparency panel to control and setup transparency masks of objects.
- Select opacity of objects and layers directly from the panel or the object/layer options view.
- Select between multiple blend modes.
- Select and edit any gradient style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit any tiling pattern style as a transparency mask.
- Select and edit any noise fill style as a transparency mask.
- Edit transparency options of objects and layers in the object/layer options view.
- Isolated mode: layer or object content is composited independently of background.
- Knockout mode: select how to composite layer and background.
- Opacity is shape option.
- Use layer or object content as a mask for adjustment effects.
- Select from a list of blending modes.
- Darken, Multiply, Color Burn, Exp Dard.
- Lighten, Screen, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, Exp Light, Extra Light.
- Overlay, Soft Light, Hard Light, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light, Hard Mix.
- Difference, Exclusion, Subtract, Divide, Distance.
- Hue, Saturation, Color, Luminosity.
- Color Wash, Color Scale, Geometric.
- Hard Burn, Hard Dodge, Light Burn, Scale Dark.
- Logical And, Or, Xor, Nor, Add and Invert.
Transparency mask types
- Solid color for uniform transparency mask.
- Gradient of any type for transitions. Gradient shapes are also included.
- Tiling vector patterns.
- Noise fill styles (see later in the object tiling section).
- Mesh gradient as transparency mask to control opacity at arbitrary locations.
- Arbitrary group of objects or reference to named objects (symbols).
Transparency mask editing
- Select and edit transparency attributes in the Transparency Panel.
- Interactively edit transparency gradient tones and shape.
- Interactively edit tiling vector pattern masks.
- Browse and select from a large collection of noise types.
- Edit the mesh transparency type in a similar way as mesh gradients are edited.
- Edit objects of a transparency group by double-clicking on the preview in the Transparency Panel.
- Edit reference object (symbol) transparency masks by simply editing the referenced objects.
Powerful workflow for transparency masks.
- Invert mask and clipping/non-clipping masks.
- Create named styles or presets from any transparency masks.
- Reuse transparency mask styles or presets by simply selecting them from the list of transparency type in the panel.
- Override transparency attributes in symbols.
- Copy and Paste transparency mask between objects.
Advanced Object Styling
Object fill and outline styling
- Solid colors selected by various means: numeric, palette, variations, harmonies.
- Gradient transition with arbitrary shapes.
- Tiling pattern with content selected from other objects or symbols.
- Noise fill containing smooth generated noise.
- Multiple stacked fill and outline attributes in a single object.
- Separate opacity and transparency mask for fill and outline styling.
Advanced color selection methods
- Select colors from the color panel by selecting numeric amounts, clicking on the color wheel, or editing hexadecimal color values.
- Support for multiple color types: Gray, RGB, CMYK, HLS, HSB, HWB, HSI, Lab, LCH.
- Select between various color wheel types.
- Select colors from various color palettes. Multiple color palettes can be opened at the same time.
- Load palettes from files of various formats: ASE, ACV, ACO, CPL, CSV and XML.
- Show any color palette as a color bar at the margin of the document view.
- Create Sport and Process colors.
- The most extensive set of gradient types available: linear, concentric, conical, spiral, noise.
- Select gradient attributes from the gradient panel.
- Edit shape of linear, concentric and conical gradients.
- Use shapes of reference objects as gradient shapes.
- Define your own gradient type by saving a custom shaped gradient.
- Interactively edit the gradient attributes and shape of selected objects.
- Select color and opacity of gradient stops.
- Create and reuse gradient styles and presets.
- Create texture gradients with then noise gradient type.
Tiling pattern styles
- Fill and outline objects using tiling patterns.
- Select the content of tiling pattern from reference objects, saved styles or preset.
- Scale and rotate the direction of the tiling pattern.
- Select pattern tiling mode from: Boxes, Hexagons, Triangular or Rhomb.
- Expand tiling pattern into its constituent objects.
- Edit tiling pattern content in-place or by editing the referenced objects.
- Fill and outline objects using various types of generated noise styles.
- Use the noise panel to select noise style attributes.
- Edit numeric noise attributes or randomize the noise parameters.
- Browse noise styles from a long list of randomly generated custom noise styles.
Powerful Outline Options
Outline objects and text
- Select outline width from the stroke or the properties panel.
- Outlines can have any of the fill styles: color, gradient pattern, noise.
- Create and reuse styles or presets from outlines.
- Select and reuse outline style from reference objects.
- Gradient on strokes, gradient colors transition along or across an outline, including variable width outlines.
- Set outline properties in the Stroke Panel.
- Allow zero width outlines for real hairline at any resolution.
- Align outlines inside, outside or centered.
- Shift outlines inside/outside by arbitrary amount.
- Align dash lengths between cusp nodes.
- Distort outlines and arrows by shape distortion effects.
Use caps at open or dashed shape ends
- Use stroke cap ends in open or dashed shapes.
- Select arbitrarily shaped cap ends.
- Create new cap shapes from any shape drawn in the document.
- Select cap shape as a reference to a named object shape. When the object shape is edited, the linked cap shapes are updated automatically.
- Shift cap end locations along the path.
Add arrowheads to open shapes
- Select arrowheads at the start and/or end of open shapes.
- Select arbitrarily shaped arrow heads from the Stroke Panel.
- Easily create new arrowheads from the shape of selected object.
- Select arrowheads as a reference to a named object shape. As the object shape is edited, the linked arrowhead shapes are updated automatically.
- Connect open shaped arrowheads to shape ends automatically.
- Distort arrowheads also with the shape distortion effects.
Variable width profiles
- Assign variable width outline to selected objects from the Stroke Panel.
- Create and reuse width profile styles in the Stroke Panel.
- Link to width profiles of reference objects.
- Select width variation function kind: Monotone or Cubic.
- Edit arbitrary stroke width variation function in a modal view.
- Use symmetric, reverted and flipped width variation functions.
Object outline workflow
- Edit outline width profile interactively with the width tool.
- Modify outline width profile using the stroke width brush tool.
- Smooth the outline width profile using the width smooth brush tool.
- Erase nodes from the width profile function using a brush tool.
- Use the Stroke Width Panel for precise control of variable width outlines.
- Combine variable width profile attribute with dashed, striped, shifted stroke attributes.
Objects and Layers
Advanced object hierarchy.
- Create arbitrary layer and object hierarchy in an illustration.
- Assign names to layers and objects to use them in various contexts (see symbols and object references).
- Add multiple fill and outline styles to a single object.
- Assign transparency masks to objects or whole layers.
- Create clones of objects and modify/remove attributes of clones.
- Select master of cloned objects.
- Select cloned properties of object clones.
- Assign roles to objects and layers to reuse them in various attributes (line transparency masks).
Powerful object and layer options.
- Clip layers into arbitrary shapes.
- Lock/unlock and show/hide objects and layers for better workflow.
- Reference any layer or object as a symbol.
- Place objects on any of the multiple canvases of a document.
- Assign color indicators to layers (used in the Layers Panel and in outline preview).
- Use object or layer content as guideline shapes.
- Convert layers or objects to images.
- Create adjustment layers or objects using any image filter.
- Clip groups by simply assigning a shape to a group.
Extended Layers Panel
- Edit object and layer hierarchy in the Layers Panel.
- Select locking and visibility options for multiple objects.
- Add image effects to selected objects in the Layers Panel.
- Access advanced commands from the Layers Panel menu.
- Customize Layers Panel options using the Panel Options command from the panel menu.
- Open multiple Layers Panel instances pinned to specific document, canvas, or object content.
- Copy and move content between multiple documents or different parts of the same document using multiple opened Layers Panel instances.
- Show enlarged preview of an object or layer by double clicking or long pressing its icon.
- Rename multiple objects or layers by selecting them in the Layers Panel and pasting a text from the clipboard containing names.
Object Style Panel.
- Use the Object Style Panel to create, edit or remove fill and outline styles from an object.
- List styles for multiple selected objects.
- Add new shape or image effects to the selected object.
- Drag&drop object fills and outlines to change their relative order.
- Edit the fill and outline attributes of the selected objects.
- Access advanced commands from the Object Style Panel menu.
- Apply filters on the colors used in the selected objects.
Find and replace objects, text and styles
- Use the powerful Find/Replace tool to search, select and change objects or text.
- Search for objects by their name, assigned selection marker, role, or reference.
- Search based on attributes using the “More” options if the Find/Replace Panel.
- Search for object and text using multiple conditions.
- Search based on object fill or outline properties.
- Select objects using the search options.
- Replace found objects with symbols (reference objects).
- Automatically apply changes to searched objects like setting their fill or outline style, or applying shape or image effects.
Advanced object handling.
- Assign names multiple selected objects automatically.
- Assign 9-slicing options for symbols for better scaling control.
- Expand selected symbol references into local objects.
- Edit and override style of selected symbol references.
- Expand groups using boolean shape combinations.
- Expand linked content into imported objects (PDF, PS, SVG, AI or other files can be linked instead of fully importing).
- Expand any object outline (including dashes, stripes, variable width profiles) into smooth shapes.
- Easily search and replace referenced symbols.
- Create cap, arrow, corner shape, artistic brush, pattern brush, scatter brush, tiling pattern or symbols from selected objects.
Working with Symbols
Advanced symbol creation
- Any object or layer can become a symbol.
- Create a new symbol from any object by giving it a name and setting the object role to “Symbol”.
- Place objects used as symbols on a Reference Canvas for easy access.
- Edit the content of a symbol by selecting the Reference Canvas containing the symbol and using normal object editing.
- Access symbols from menus and lists after a an object role is set as “Symbol”.
- Create symbols as styles using the Symbols Panel.
- Create non-linked symbols (complete Objects) as presets.
Powerful symbol tools
- Use a symbol by drag&drop from a Symbols Panel.
- Use any object as a symbol by drag&drop from the Layers Panel while holding the command key.
- Expand selected symbol links using the Expand Symbol command.
- Apply additional shape or image effects to symbols while still reusing the original object.
- Find and replace objects with symbols using object style or other attributes.
- Use the Symbols Panel to create and manage the collection of symbols in a document.
- Reference objects are also listed in the Symbols Panel.
- Drag&drop symbols from the panel into the document.
- Organize symbols into folders.
- Assign Style Activation Schemes on symbol folders to create symbol alternates.
- Export symbols into a vectorStyler specific symbols file (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update collection of symbols from a previously saved symbol file.
Powerful symbols workflow
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects that are used as symbols.
- Use large number of objects as symbols by setting the role of a canvas containing the objects.
- Link to vectorStyler document files containing objects and symbols to use them.
- Update symbols from linked documents automatically or manually as the external document file is changed.
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select groups of Symbols and Styles.
Working with Styles
Create reusable styles for object attributes
- Create styles from most object attributes, fills, outlines, image or shape effects.
- Styles are used by linking, changes on a style are immediately reflected in the document.
- Create styles by setting roles for named objects and referencing the style from the objects.
- Changes on objects with a style role are automatically reflected on objects using the style.
- Create styles by setting a style role for a Reference Canvas, so that all objects in the canvas are sources of a style.
- Object names with style roles (or in a Reference Canvas with a style role) automatically show up in lists (fill, outline, transparency, etc.) using that style.
Powerful styling tools
- Apply a style by drag&drop from the style panel.
- Copy/Paste styles between objects.
- Locally override any linked style in symbol instances.
- Use the style picker tools to pick and apply object styles, object shapes and image effects.
- Search and replace objects using certain styles.
The Styles Panel
- Use the styles panel to create, apply and organize your styles.
- A separate styles panel is used for Character and Paragraph Styles.
- Symbols are considered to be styles.
- Reference objects with style roles are also show in the Styles Panel.
- Assign Style Activation Schemes on style folders to create style alternatives in a single document.
- Export styles into a vectorStyler specific style format (in binary, JSON or XML formats).
- Update collection of styles from a previously saved styles file.
- Organize styles into folders.
Powerful styles workflow
- Use Style Activation Groups to automatically select style groups.
- Use Reference Canvases to create and edit objects whose style are reused throughout the document.
- Define large number of styles by setting the role of a Reference Canvas.
- Link to vectorStyler document files containing styles (reference or stored).
- Update styles from linked documents as the document is changed.
- Change the shape of selected objects by assigning a shape style.
- Clip a group of objects or a layer inside a shape by selecting a shape style.
Selection and Editing
Selecting objects directly
- Option to select objects either by intersecting or including marquee.
- Select object using arbitrary shapes with the lasso tool.
- Select objects using the magic wand tool based on similar styling.
- Select and transform individual shapes in composite shapes.
- Select and transform individual objects in groups.
- Select and transform content of linked images or graphics.
Advanced selection commands
- Select objects based on visibility or visible area.
- Select all below or above the current selection.
- Select locked or hidden objects.
- Select objects containing missing links.
- Select objects based on attribute similarity.
- Isolate editing inside a group of objects.
- Draw, Paste or Place objects inside existing objects.
Reusable and automatic selections
- Define any number named markers (stickers) that can be associated with objects.
- Select objects with specific markers.
- Search for objects with specific markers in the Find/Replace command.
- Save object selections and reselect the same objects later using the Selections Panel.
Powerful object alignment options
- Use the Alignment Panel to position objects relative to each other.
- Align objects based on Selection, Stacking or Geometric order.
- Align to Selection, to Key Object or to Artboard.
- Align and distribute object reference locations relative to each other.
- Create custom alignment scheme using the More Options command of the Alignment Panel menu.
- Align objects sizes: that is resize objects, not just move them.
- Align objects along a path by moving and rotating.
Improved and extended grids and guidelines
- Setup multiple grids at arbitrary angle.
- Grids can be points or lines. Line grids may run in a single direction (according to the angle).
- Assign grid to an Artboard, a Canvas or the whole Document.
- Manage the grid from the Grid Panel.
- Drag and drop guidelines from the ruler.
- Rotate guidelines to arbitrary angles by selecting them close to the view margin.
- Snap to rotated guidelines directly.
- Manage multiple guidelines and guideline groups in the guidelines panel.
- Create guidelines from objects or layers.
Advanced object snapping
- Snap to object boundaries when moving or resizing objects.
- Snap object sizes to other object sizes when resizing objects.
- Snap to guideline angles when rotating objects.
- Snap points to object shapes when editing curve nodes or moving objects.
- Collision snapping multiple arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Snap to object formations by detecting basic geometric scenarios.
Advanced object positioning tools
- Use the gap tool to adjust the gap between objects.
- Use the collision tool to move/rotate objects so they align to curved shapes.
- Arrange objects in the stacking order using various Arrange commands.
- Scale, Skew, Rotate and Reflect objects using specialized tools.
Advanced typography in a vector app.
- All of the typographic features and more.
- Use text and glyphs as shape for objects.
- Flow text in multiple frames and columns across multiple artboards and canvases.
- Setup advanced character and paragraph formatting options.
- Align text to path using advanced options.
- Use text tools to edit text content, frame links, text on path and character positions.
- Organize fonts into groups for easy access and improved workflow.
Vector Text as a Shape.
- Create text as a shape using the Vector Text tool.
- Easily edit vector text double clocking the shape.
- Assign multiple fill and outline styles just like any other object.
- Clip arbitrary group of objects inside a vector text shape while keeping the text editable.
- Convert the vector text to curves to edit the curves making up the glyphs.
- Style individual characters or a selection of characters with any object styling attributes.
Flow text in multiple frames
- Create rectangular text frames using the Frame Tool.
- Assign any shape to the text frame or edit the shape using the node tool to flow text into arbitrary shapes.
- Assign styles to the text frame for background fill and frame outline.
- Flow text into multiple frames.
- Setup multiple columns and other attributes of a text frame.
- Select Character options using the Character Panel or the Character Style menu command.
- Select typeface, weight, size, tracking, wordspace, kerning and leading attributes.
- Select advanced OpenType typographic features like ligatures. Customize subscript and superscript.
- Automatic spelling and hyphenation.
- Select underline, overline and strikethrough options using arbitrary outline attributes.
- Select character background fill and outline styles.
- Select fill and outline styles, opacity and transparency masks for characters.
- Apply optical kerning to glyphs.
- Align paragraph text in various directions.
- Use single or multiple line composer for a paragraph to achieve better typographic results.
- Select text frame margin overflow mode.
- Edit the amount of indentation of first, last lines, left and right margins.
- Create rulers before and after a paragraph using custom outline styles.
- Specify advanced Drop Capitals options.
- Select paragraph labeling, numbering or bullets options.
- Edit spacing rules used in text justification.
- Setup hyphenation and tab stops rules.
Rich text styling
- Fill characters with arbitrary fill styles just like vector objects (color, gradient, tiling patterm noise).
- Assign outlines to characters using all outline options.
- Create styled background of a selected range of characters that automatically aligns with the characters.
- Insert arbitrary glyphs, shapes or styled objects as glyphs into the text.
- Edit details of underline, overline and strikethrough styles in text decorations panel.
- Use dashes, stripes and variable width in text underline, overline and strikethrough.
- Create, use and manage Character and Paragraph styles.
Text Frame Options
- Create and use text frame styles to automatically set the attributes of multiple frames.
- Align text flow in a frame vertically to top, center, bottom or justified.
- Set spacing around the frame and between paragraphs inside a text frame.
- Split the text frame into multiple columns and/or rows with gaps and directions.
- Balance text flow between multiple columns.
- Setup baseline alignment options inside a text frame.
Text on Path
- Align text and flow along arbitrarily shaped objects.
- Instantly change the shape text baseline into an arbitrary shape using the node tool.
- Move text along the path using interactive Text on Path tool.
- Edit the text to path alignment attributes using the Text pn Path Panel or the Text pn Path menu command.
- Create and reuse various text on path attribute styles.
- Align multiline text to a path using various rules to achieve better effect.
- Offset the text along the path and set the distance of the text from the path.
Advanced text tools
- Create and edit vector text shapes using the vector text tool.
- Create and edit text flown in frames using the Text Frame tool.
- Position text along a path interactively using the Text on Path tool.
- Link text frames or flow text into objects using the Frame Link tool.
- Position and transform individual characters of both vector and frame text using the Character tool.
- Insert special characters.
- Convert punctuations.
- Use the Typography Panel to select OpenType features.
Powerful glyph management
- Use the glyph panel to browse and use glyphs and glyph alternates from any font.
- Drag and drop glyph from the glyph panel into the canvas as shapes.
- Insert glyph at the current text position by drag&drop or double click of a glyph.
- Select OpenType alternates of glyphs.
- Open arbitrary TrueType, OpenType or other font files into new glyph panels.
- Open SVG font files into new glyph panels.
- Show object shapes and symbols used as glyphs.
Vector and Color Effects
Advanced tools to change color and shape.
- Collection of shape distortion effects.
- Shape distortions are nondestructive, parameters can be changed at any time.
- Apply multiple shape effects on group of objects.
- Manage list of stacked shape effects.
- Edit shape effects interactively in the document or numerically from a panel or modal view.
- Apply color filters to selected artwork to change colors.
- Recolor selected artwork using advanced coloring schemes.
- Large list of geometric distortion effects.
- Apply ripple, wave, zigzag, perturbation using noise local variations.
- Interactive 4-point distortion effect.
- Create arbitrary distortions using envelope shapes or mesh grids.
- Create elastic warp effects by moving locations and distorting the artwork accordingly.
- Bend artwork along a curve using variable width profile.
- Create and interactively edit variable distance path offsets for selected objects.
- Create and reuse shape effect styles and presets.
The Shape Effects Panel
- Add, edit, remove shape effects from the selected objects.
- Browse the hierarchy of shape effects stacked on the selected object.
- Edit the parameters of a shape effect.
- Activate the interactive shape effect editor tool.
- Activate the shape effect curve editor tool (if applicable for the effect).
- Toggle outline shape effect mode.
- Edit shape effect options to control curves are distorted.
- Toggle the “Rigid Shapes” option to create shape placement effects.
Envelope and Mesh
- Create and edit envelopes of arbitrary shapes to apply distortions on group of objects.
- Reuse envelope shapes from reference object shapes.
- Create and edit mesh grid distortions on a group of objects.
- Add internal control points to mesh grid curves to achieve better control.
- Use linear mesh boundaries to create effect variations.
- Edit 4-point distortions interactively.
- Create and edit “Elastic Warp” effect on group of objects.
- Elastic warp creates elastic distortions by stretching according to multiple pinned locations.
- In elastic warp the group members are distorted according to the global elastic mesh distortion.
- Create and remove arbitrary number of pinned locations in the elastic warp.
- Rotate elastic warp mesh around any pinned location.
Bending along a curve
- Bend groups of object around arbitrary curves.
- Edit the bending curve interactively with the node editor.
- Create and reuse bending shape styles.
- Use reference object shapes as bending shapes, linking the bend effect to an editable object shape.
- Apply variable width stroke profiles to the bending effect to adjust widths locally.
- Edit the bending effect width profile interactively.
- Convert the bending effect into a mesh effect.
- Change colors in selected objects and groups by applying color adjustment filters.
- Colors are changed destructively and can be further edited as a normal artwork (non-image conversions).
- Change colors with Curves and Levels filter.
- Adjust colors using Black and White, Channel Mixer, Color Balance and Hue Adjustment filters.
- Change vibrance and saturation. Apply the Photo Filter.
- Mix object colors using the Style Mixer menu commands.
- Recolor artwork using the “Replace Color” command.
- Create complex recoloring rules, save and reuse these as presets.
- Recolor artwork by matching nearest colors to another document or a color palette.
- Disturb colors randomly using a selected color mode.
- Recolor artwork using randomized colors or select randomly from a predefined palette.
- Recolor artwork using colors from a noise type and object locations.
- Create blend between two or more objects for smooth transitions.
- Create and use custom shapes for the blend transition path.
- Edit the blend shape using the node editor.
- Set the number of intermediary objects using fixed steps, object distance or color transition smoothness.
- Adjust the transition function separately for the object shapes and the object style.
- Edit blend options using the Blend panel or the interactive Blend tool.
- Use the Blend Map tool to pair nodes of the blended object shapes for finer control of the blend transition.
- Create contour effect of arbitrary width around an object.
- The contour will be a blend between the object style and a selected background style.
- Use variable width for the contour effect and edit the width profile interactively.
- Edit contour options using the Contour panel or the interactive Contour tool.
Apply image effects on artwork
- Large collection of customizable image effects can be applied to artwork.
- Image effects are nondestructive: keep editing artwork and change effect properties at any time.
- Can be applied on vectors or images and still retaining all editability.
- Zoom in or out on image effects, they are rendered at current resolution.
- Use GPU acceleration for image effects rendering.
- Edit image effects interactively in the document.
- Apply multiple image effects on groups of objects.
- Import/export and use SVG image filters.
The Image Effects Panel
- Create, edit and manage image effects on selected objects using the Image Effect panel.
- Create and reuse image effects styles and presets.
- View and edit detailed attributes of image effects.
- List and organize stack of image effects applied on the selected objects.
- Activate interactive image effect attribute and shape editors.
- Setup opacity and transparency mask of individual image effects.
Image distortion effects
- Apply geometric distortions as image effects.
- Distortion effects can be edited interactively in the document.
- Apply concentric warp effect.
- Create wave, zigzag, ripple or perturbation effects.
- Use generated noise as parameter of various distortion effects.
Mesh and other distortions on images
- Apply and interactively edit 4-point image distortion effects.
- Create and edit envelope effects as image distortions.
- Create and edit mesh grid effects as image distortions.
- Use Elastic Warp effect to distort selected objects and images in an elastic way.
- Use the Bend effect to bend the selected objects and images along a shape using variable width profiles.
- Apply blur filters from a large selection of blur types.
- Supported blur filters: Gaussian, Box, Concentric, Cone, Disc, Motion, Noise, Radial, Wave and Zoom blurs.
- Edit shape and direction of Gaussian blurs.
- Edit attributes of all blur types interactively.
- Adjust blur strength locally using a mask.
- Edit the shape of Concentric, Cone and Wave blurs.
- Use Noise blur to create locally varying blurs.
- Apply color filters to create nondestructive color adjustments.
- Edit color filter properties in the Image Effects panel.
- Adjust colors using the Black and White, Channel Mixer, Hue Adjustments, Color Balance and Color Map filters.
- Adjust color tones using the Curves and Levels filters.
- Use Exposure, Posterize, Solarize, Vibrance, Photo Filter and Contrast filters to create color effects.
- Generate new images using image generator filters.
- Apply Brushed Metal image generator on any objects.
- Create Flare, Lens Flare or StarShine effects.
- Select from an extensive amount of noise types and variations to generate noise effects.
- Create and edit turbulence noise.
Stylistic Image Effects
- Add Brush or Noise effects to existing colors of selected objects.
- Create Bloom, Haze, Inner or Outer Glow effects.
- Create Drop Shadows.
- Create Halftone effects of arbitrary shape.
- Create Crystalize, Pixelate or Pointilize effects.
SVG Filter Compatibility
- Import and use SVG filters with SVG documents.
- Show list of SVG filter compositions in the Image Effects panel.
- Add standard SVG effects to objects or images.
- Add SVG effect compositions to objects or images.
- Export SVG effect compositions into SVG files.
- Import SVG effect definitions and use these from the Effects menu or the Image Effects panel.
Adjustment Layers and Objects
- Add adjustment layers with image effects applied to layers below.
- Add shape to adjustment layers to limit the area of filter application.
- Use the layer content as a mask for the strength of the adjustment effect.
- Create an adjustment effect to from object or group of objects with image effects.
- Use the “Adjustment Layer” and “Content is Mask” attributes of any object or group to create adjustment effects.
- Shape of objects determines the area of adjustment effect.
New Vector Document
Edit and manage multiple vector documents
- Create new documents instantly without modal interactions.
- Create a new document by specifying properties, opening from a template or copying from the clipboard.
- Revert document to the previously saved state.
- Save the current canvas into a separate file.
- Open multiple documents into tabbed or separate views.
- Open multiple views of the same document to display and edit different parts.
Setup document properties
- Edit document properties using the Document Setup command.
- Enable or disable Undo/Redo storage into the document.
- Select coordinate system direction.
- Edit storage file format details.
- Setup document color properties.
- Setup default document artboard style.
- Specify default guideline, grid and slice colors for a document.
Add multiple canvases into a single document
- Create, edit and manage multiple canvases in a single document.
- A canvas can inherit content from a master canvas for better artwork and design reuse.
- Organize canvases into a hierarchy for better workflow.
- Define and use top level canvas containers to organize content.
- Place your design into canvases under the main Canvas container.
- Use the Reference canvas container to create canvases for referenced objects, artwork, styles and symbols.
- Use the Master canvas container to setup master canvases.
Working with artboards
- Create thousands of artboards or arbitrary size in each canvas.
- Set rotation of individual artboard at arbitrary angles.
- Create, move, resize and rotate artboards with the Artboard Tool.
- Setup grids of automatically generated artboards.
- Edit size, position, rotation, margins, and fill color of artboards using the Artboard Options command.
- Arrange existing artboards into a grid.
File Formats and Compatibility
Import from commonly used graphics formats
- Import PSD files retaining editability of layer hierarchies and adjustment filters.
- Import actual AI files (not just the PSD stream), retaining high level editability.
- Import PSD, Postscript and EPS files.
- Import SVG files including SVG image filters.
- Import image files with PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF, HDR and EXR formats.
- Insert linked content to vector or image graphics files.
Advanced exporting options
- Specify advanced export options using the Export command.
- Export vector to SVG, PDF, EPS or Postscript formats.
- Export to image file formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, TGA, GIF.
- Export to multipage PDF.
- Setup detailed export options specific to individual file formats.
- Repeat last file exporting using the Export Again, including slice exporting.
- Store export options with the document, so that Export Again works after opening a document that has previous exports.
- Create and use export slices to setup automatic exporting of large number of files.
- Draw, position, resize and rotate export slices using the Slice Tool.
- Export slices can have arbitrary angles, rotating their content at export.
- Each canvas can contain multiple export slices of arbitrary position, size and rotation.
- Assign export slices to artboards, to automatically generate slices based on artboard layout.
- Export content of all or selected slices using the Export Slices command.
The export slices panel
- Manage the list of slices of the current canvas using the Slices panel.
- Assign names to individual slices for labeling and export file naming.
- Setup file format options for each slice.
- Add multiple formats and file exports to each slice at arbitrary resolution or options.
- Enable/disable individual slices.
- Add a name suffix for the automated export file naming.
- A Mac computer, desktop, laptop or mini, preferably a post 2014 model.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 with 4 cores and hyper-threading.
- 2GB minimum for vectorStyler, recommend a system with at least 8GB of memory,
- vectorStyler makes use of all cores in rendering and processing, so more cores the better.
- vectorStyler uses the GPU in image filtering using compute interfaces.
- Metal support by the GPU and hardware is recommended.
- A large display to take advantage of vectorStyler tools and panels.
- MacOS 10.11 or above is recommended.
- Metal support is recommended, openGL and openCL are also supported.
- Network is required for registration.
- Keyboard and mouse input is default.
- Use the trackpad to draw and edit objects interactively.
- Pressure-sensitive tablets are supported for painting and editing.