The detailed options of the blend effect are edited in the Blend Options modal view. The Blend Options view can be accessed from the Blend panel, or by using the Blend Options command from the Effects - Blend menu.
The Blend Options view provides access to the transfer functions used to control how the shape and styles of the two objects are transitioned.
The left side of the Blend Options view contains a function editor used to edit the common, shape or style transfer functions.
- Select the transfer function to edit in the Transfer field. This can be:
- Common - Adjust the transfer of both shapes and styles.
- Shape - Adjust the transfer of object shapes.
- Style - Adjust the transfer of object styles.
- - Select the cubic transfer function mode. The transition can be adjusted by dragging nodes of the function to new positions.
- - Select the monotone cubic transfer function mode. The transition can be adjusted similarly to the cubic function mode.
- - Select the free shape transfer function mode. The transition function is adjusted by drawing the shape of the function using the mouse or tablet.
- - Select the Gamma transfer function mode. The transition function is adjusted by dragging the curvature of the transition.
- - Select the Reverse Gamma transfer function mode. The transition function is adjusted by dragging the curvature of the transition.
The right side of the Blend Options view contains the options used when creating blend effects:
- Steps - Select the number of steps used to create the intermediary objects of the blend. The steps can be:
- Fixed - Set a fixed number of intermediary objects in the numeric field.
- Distance - Set the distance between intermediary objects.
- Smooth - Set the smoothness of the color transitions.
- Revolve - Set the number of times the intermediary objects rotate a full 360.0 degree, while transitioning from one side to the other.
- Weighted - Enable or disable the use of curve lengths when blending paths. When enabled, path transitions are created by uniformly matching positions along each path based on the distance between positions.
- Blend Shapes - Enable or disable the blending of parametric shape properties for matching shapes. This option is disabled by default, resulting in the blending of shape curves. When enabled, matching shape type transitions are created, by transitioning the shape properties.
- Always Pair - Enable or disable using the same shape from the ending object multiple times to match with shapes from the starting object.
- Downscale - Enable or disable the downscaling of shapes into points, when they are not matched to a shape on the other end.
- Match Direction - Enables or disables the automatic matching of closed shape directions.
- Invert Source - Reverses the shape direction of the starting object of the blend effect.
- Invert Target - Reverses the shape direction of the ending object of the blend effect.
- Align - Select a shape style, preset or object reference with a Shape role as the blend path. The blend path is used to position the original and intermediary objects.
- Rotate Path - Enable or disable the rotation of intermediary shapes based on the direction of the blend path. This option has an effect only when a blend path is used.
- Color - Select the color mode used to create the color transitions.
- Clockwise - Enable or disable clockwise color blending direction in color modes containing a hue channel.
- Preview - Enable or disable the automatic previewing of the selected options.