Drawing and Changing Shapes
In VectorStyler, objects are created by drawing a shape, with the current fill and outline style. The current fill and outline styles are picked from the previous selection, or can be set from the color and stroke panels.
The shape of an object is an attribute of the object that can be freely edited, changed, replaced or styled at any time in the process of creating the artwork. This includes replacing the object shape with another shape, creating and applying shape presets and styles, and referencing and reusing shapes from other objects. It is also possible to assign shapes to a group object or a layer, creating a clipping shape for that group or layer. Shapes of a group or a layer can also be asigned from a style or preset and can be freely edited.
The following sections describe how to draw and change shapes of various types, and new VectorStyler specific workflows to use shapes.
- Drawing Curves - Create basic lines, curves and complex paths.
- Painting with Brushes - Tools to create various vector brush paints that remain editable.
- Combining Shapes - Create new shapes by combining existing shapes using various boolean operations.
- Editing Paths - Edit paths and freeform curves using the node editor tool.
- The Path Panel - Use the path panel to combine shapes or change properties of selected path nodes and curves.
- The Shape Panel - Edit properties of the shapes of selected objects. Create and reuse shape styles and presets.
- Editing Corners - Interactively edit corner sizes of shapes, and select corner shapes of the edited shape. Create, edit and reuse custom corner shape types.
- Rectangles - Drawing and editing rectangular shapes.
- Circles and Ellipses - Drawing and editing circles and ellipses.
- Polygons - Drawing and editing equal sided polygons.
- Stars - Drawing and editing star shapes.
- Square Stars - Drawing and editing square star shapes.
- Gear Shapes - Drawing and editing gear shapes.
- Symmetrigon Shapes - Drawing and editing symmetric shapes.
- Spiral Shapes - Drawing and editing spiral shapes.
- Polygonal Spiral Shapes - Drawing and editing polygonal spiral shapes.
- Grid Shapes - Drawing and editing grid shapes.
- Line Grid Shapes - Drawing and editing line grid shapes.
- Wave Grid Shapes - Drawing and editing wave grid shapes.
- Zigzag Grid Shapes - Drawing and editing zigzag grid shapes.
- Concentric Shapes - Drawing and editing concentric shapes.
- Super Ellipses - Drawing and editing super ellipses.
- Super Shapes - Drawing and editing super shapes.