Customizing context bar? ( accumulated )

• Notice: Accumulated into mega-topic.

Is it possible to customize the context bar? For reasons of current stability and others I would like to do two things:

1. remove the compact alignment panel from the context bar
    2. have a way to have the "Restrict snapping to objects" button from the "Snapping Options" panel in the context bar, since I use this one all the time

For 2. I'd also like to mention that it'd be great if one could either have this button somehow separate or to have another compact version of the "Snapping Options" panel, reducing itself to the buttons. This is needed, because of screen space essentially. I couldn't figure out an arrangement of panels that would enable me to have that button be visible at all times, due to the panels resizing themselves and the like. I know it's only a click more to do it via the current context bar but I use it so very often that it adds up...

• administrators

@Nils The upper row containing actions can be customized.
    The lower row (that is context sensitive) cannot, but it is already in the backlog as a feature request to be.

• @vectoradmin After another look at the options I see how it works now. Both, the context bar under the application menu and the various context popups from right-clicking objects are considered contextual menus in this context, right?

In this case, would it make sense to adjust the options ui to further distinguish between the contextual menus arising from the right-clicking and the one below the application menu?

• administrators

@Nils The right click contextual menus can be customized already (View -> Customize -> Contextual Menus).

It is only the second row under the app menu that has an auto generated content for now. When this will be customizable, of course it will be possible to setup different content.

• @vectoradmin Sry, I confused something. I thought the first bar below the application menu were somehow customizable, I mixed this up with the second one and the right-clicking menus...

So since 1. is already in backlog, that leaves only 2. with the restrict button...

• administrators

@Nils Yes. Actually (2) is much easier to do, so probably will be available sooner 🙂

• @vectoradmin Nice! That button is incredibly useful, basically takes tons off the cpu usage and visual clutter without taking away snapping capability.

• administrators

@Nils Build 1.1.024 contains an action (and it is in the tool bar also) to restrict snapping to the selected objects

• @vectoradmin Yes, I've noticed that. Great news. May I ask if you could do the same for the button, that clears the restrictions? I use these quite often.

• administrators

@Nils said in Customizing context bar?:

@vectoradmin Yes, I've noticed that. Great news. May I ask if you could do the same for the button, that clears the restrictions? I use these quite often.

Restrictions can be cleared now by clearing the selection (click on an empty area) and then clicking the snapping restriction button.

• @vectoradmin are we getting enough snapping options in the far upper right corner that it would make sense to organize them in a drop-down panel like the alignment currently is nearby?

• administrators

@Boldline said in Customizing context bar?:

@vectoradmin are we getting enough snapping options in the far upper right corner that it would make sense to organize them in a drop-down panel like the alignment currently is nearby?

That already exists in the form of the Snapping panel. But I think in this case clearing restrictions could also be a ModifierKey+ click on the button?