Trim between two nodes

• administrators

@Jayanta-Das It is in the backlog for 1.2

• @VectorStyler said in Trim between two nodes:

@Igull said in Trim between two nodes:

Is it possible to implement this feature, using the shape editor tool, click a segment and hit backspace/delete to delete that segment rather than delete the whole object

It is in the backlog.

@Igull are you wanting the option to remove a segment entirely, leaving an open path?

If this gets implemented, would it take away the current "click a segment/node and hit backspace/delete to delete the node and click backspace/delete a second time to delete the whole object"?

I had advocated for this current option mentioned above and would like to be sure it's still an option in VS going forward as i use it quite often to quickly remove things

• @Jayanta-Das said in Trim between two nodes:

@VectorStyler I was searching for the easiest way to delete segment and found this thread. There is a simple way to delete segment in AD with node tool holding CTRL and click will delete the segment.
    Example in AD

This looks like a great solution - glad it will be in 1.2!

• @Boldline said in Trim between two nodes:

@Igull are you wanting the option to remove a segment entirely, leaving an open path?

Yes, that's correct.

If this gets implemented, would it take away the current "click a segment/node and hit backspace/delete to delete the node and click backspace/delete a second time to delete the whole object"?

No, that would still stand - I also like the idea of hitting backspace/delete a second time to delete the complete object.
    IIRC, in AI, selecting the segment then hitting delete, deletes the segment, but leaves the two adjacent nodes highlighted - hitting delete again would delete the complete object as it has both ends of it's vector selected.

Neil