Corner Fulcrum Bug ?

• @Igull , @b77

A alternative way to resize a "dumb" Shape
    and keep round Corners intact, is to do this
    with the "Shape Editor Tool"

See Video here

0_1673687642177_Corner.png

• @b77 said in Corner Fulcrum Bug ?:

If I apply rounded corners to it then decide that I need to resize the rectangle non-proportionally,
    bring the rounded corners back to zero (no roundness), then pressing 'Convert to Curves' resets
    the rounded corner handles to equal distance from the corners:

Not here it doesn't 🙂 There must be some difference in preference set between us that I don't know about ?
    Forget actually adding corners for now, if you create a rectangle, convert shape to curves then resize the rectangle non-proportionately - say just pulling one edge, you can see that the corner radius centres are miles off being symmetrical ?? Doing another convert shape to curves does nothing ?

TIA

Neil

• @Subpath

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see the issue !!!!!!!!

You are using the pulldown from the shape palette, I'm using the menuitem convert shapes to curves which I have permanently on my right-click contextual menu !!!

When I use the one on the shape palette, it actually works.

I now see why, there are two Object menuitems, one is convert shapes to curves the other is convert to curves (Shift+Opt+O) - maybe just a tad confusing ????

The shape palette actually says "Convert the select object shapes to curves (Shift+Opt+O)" whereas the object menuitem says convert to curves (Shift+Opt+O) !!

Perhaps this all needs rewording :-))

I'm quite happy to just reset the corner centres for now, but this is all a bit confusing for the over sixties 🙂

Thanks

Neil

• @Igull

If you look at the Corner Panel > Panels > Corner
    down below at the right side the X in circle
    will delete all rounded corners from a selected shape

btw you can create a Action for the needed Steps
    see pic below
    ( unwanted recorded Steps can be deleted in the Action Panel)

0_1673722306098_corner-action-1.png

• administrators

@Igull said in Corner Fulcrum Bug ?:

Resize the rectangle using the width and height boxes

Question regarding the original post:
    Do you have the "Direct Shape Transformation" option enabled in Preferences -> Editing Options 2 (bottom right checkbox) ?

• @VectorStyler said in Corner Fulcrum Bug ?:

Question regarding the original post:
    Do you have the "Direct Shape Transformation" option enabled in Preferences -> Editing Options 2 (bottom right checkbox) ?

No, I don't 🙂

I've set that now and the issue has gone !!!! I've tried with various shapes and none are an issue when resized now - just perfect, thank you !!!!!!!!!!

Neil

• administrators

@Igull said in Corner Fulcrum Bug ?:

tried with various shapes and none are an issue when resized now - just perfect

Not yet! I think paths should also support this direct shape transform and I added it now.

• @VectorStyler If the next build will have changes related to all this, please explain the changes here when it's released.

• administrators

@b77 said in Corner Fulcrum Bug ?:

@VectorStyler If the next build will have changes related to all this, please explain the changes here when it's released.

Before I forget:

The only change that will be in the next build is that when a free path (not parametric shape) is scaled or rotated and the "Direct Shape Transformation" is enabled (already exists), then instead of adding a "nondestructive" transform to the object, it will just scale the path, leaving the corners "rounded".